Dog Gone........! Can you understand....

More
14 years 9 months ago #289497 by reggit
So, going back to Gaalburn's original post about both the dog eating and the sheep exports...is noone here bothered at all about the possibility of live sheep exports starting again...?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #289499 by Cinsara
Hell yes, I can cope with the dog thing but the live sheep trade is abhorant to my sensitivities [}:)]
I can cope with animal death for food but cannot stomach ANY form of inflicting suffering. The horses sent to Europe from the UK was hideous, I feel physically sick at the thought. There you go xevbellringer, I'd have to agree with you if you were talking about how the horses being trucked off for slaughter. Not that fact they were slaughtered for food but how it was accomplished - cruel, rotton, apologies for human beings those transport people and the authorities were no better. They didn't get blood on their hands but they sure as heck have it on their souls!!!!!
We will be just as bad if the sheep thing gets the go ahead.

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
14 years 9 months ago #289510 by Huggiechook
OK here is my 5 cents - being vegetarian myself I know that it is unnecessary (not to mention un-economical) to kill ANY animal for food.
HOWEVER that is my personal believe and a decision I have made for me. I have no interest in pushing other people in that direction (even my wife is not with me on that). Everybody has to make their own decisions.
Obviously some things need to be regulated on a higher level - e.g. minimizing the animals suffering etc. But usually that works best for black and white kinda scenarios that for things like drawing a line what domestic animals can be eaten or not.

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
14 years 9 months ago #289515 by Cinsara
What sickens me is the treatment of animals is inexplicitly linked to money, we in the western world don't even have culture to use as an over rated excuse for cruelty. What has money got to do with it, it is either humaine therefore acceptable to omnivores, or it is wrong therefore immoral and should be unacceptable to all.

>

More
14 years 9 months ago #289538 by Kiwi303

Toni - Northland;271703 wrote: Donked on the head, then knifed?[xx(]

yep, thats humane, donked on the head so it's unconsious and unable to feel pain, and then killed via knife, whther by sticking the heart or cutting the throat. either way so long as it's unconsious first from the donk on the head it's perfectly humane.

As to live exports, nah, I have no problems about that, no worse than feedlots on a boat.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 9 months ago #289544 by sod
Well I don't go along with live exports for two reasons one there is no way the crews etc can overcome a lot of the problems that seem to happen.Two we should kill them here and send after as that gives more jobs for us and must be cheaper. But as S.A.F.E. is against it maybe I could change my mind HAHA lol:D:D

Minky I do agree with you (maybe some rellys could be fed to my dogs,cats:D:Djoke)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 9 months ago #289562 by DrVee

Kiwi303;271763 wrote: yep, thats humane, donked on the head so it's unconsious and unable to feel pain, and then killed via knife, whther by sticking the heart or cutting the throat. either way so long as it's unconsious first from the donk on the head it's perfectly humane.

And THAT is exactly how thousands of lambs and cattle are killed EVERY DAY in slaughter houses in NZ. They are stunned with a bolt gun, rendered unconscious, then their throats slit so they bleed to death BEFORE they arouse from the bang on the head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrVee
File Attachment:

how is that less humane than the thousands of cattle and sheep that are slaughtered in exactly the same manor in a slaughterhouse every day in NZ? And how many horror stories do we hear of cattle or sheep 'getting up' or 'waking up' off the floor???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla
File Attachment:

Ok, how many do we hear of? You must be reading or hearing different things than I.
Actually I know a group of people who worked at the meat processing place in Otahuhu and it happens more than we might think, especially with bobbies apparently [xx(]

Happens ALL the time. Just no-one hears about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nah, just shoot it.......

More
14 years 9 months ago #289570 by DiDi
Saying this VERY quietly....how does the SPCA know that the dog was humanely killed when they arrived to ot already being cooked? I heard an interview today saying that the dog was dispatched with a hammer blow but...and I so want to be wrong... a Pit bull with a skull like concrete dispatched with one hammer blow? All I can say is Please God make it true! Proably most other breeds and I would accept that is possible.

More
14 years 9 months ago #289576 by Kiwi303
a quick look at the knife wound for one, unlike sheep, a pit bull is a fighter, a neat clean would would indicate it was unable to struggle, which would argue for unconsious. A sheep can be sat on it's arse and the head pulled back for the knife with no more trouble than a shearer sitting one on it's arse for the clippers, a dog is a bit more wriggly.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

• Jack
14 years 9 months ago #289584 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Dog Gone........! Can you understand....
Gidday

well bugger me dead.

How the hell can something as simple as somone cooking up some meat for themselves turn into such a prolonged argument. Just because some of ewe don't like the thought of eating dog cat or whatever, what right does that give you to slag off those who do?

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #289590 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Dog Gone........! Can you understand....

Jack;271812 wrote: Gidday

well bugger me dead.

How the hell can something as simple as somone cooking up some meat for themselves turn into such a prolonged argument. Just because some of ewe don't like the thought of eating dog cat or whatever, what right does that give you to slag off those who do?

Jack, don't think anyone has slagged off people that do this abominable thing, just have a different opinion to some of ewes. Some of us think it is wrong, that is NOT slagging off.

More
14 years 9 months ago #289686 by Huggiechook

Kiwi303;271763 wrote: yep, thats humane, donked on the head so it's unconsious and unable to feel pain, and then killed via knife, whther by sticking the heart or cutting the throat. either way so long as it's unconsious first from the donk on the head it's perfectly humane.

just to add it to the mix - you may want to look up what halal or for that matter kosher butchering involves (no head donking allowed!!). And yes it happens in NZ in in great style - since it is the only way we get to export lamb and beef to the middle east (not much of a pork market though [;)])

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
14 years 9 months ago #289719 by Cinsara
The only problem people have with this is the fact it was a dog, it wasn't a well loved member of the family it was just a dog someone in the extended family didn't want anymore. A dog, a cat, a horse, a cow, a pig, a chicken what the difference....killing an animal is killing an animal, right wrong or inbetween. Killing dogs/cats shouldn't be allowed in NZ as it is unecceptable to us as a nation but the SPCA getting in on the act???? Give me a break!

>

More
14 years 9 months ago #289727 by Rustie
I don't understand what you mean by being unacceptable as a nation cinsara? Are you saying that killing any animal is unacceptable as a nation, as that's how i read your post?

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

More
14 years 9 months ago #289762 by Cinsara
No I mean killing dogs and cats for food doesn't go down too well in godzone...sorry for not making myself clear [:I]

>

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds