Dog Gone........! Can you understand....

More
14 years 9 months ago #19504 by gaalburn
how any one could possibly have such a " Lack of Respect for Life that you can eat mans best friend " ? Your pet. [:0]

What sort of people live next to you.............

"Live sheep trade" ? good for who? the "big guy" with about 6 000
sheep ready to go.

Am I out of touch with the world?

I would like to say that....
At night I can sit down and feel good with my self and what I have done
through the ups and downs of my life knowing that I have never
intentionally hurt any one or thing for any reason what ever.
There can be no justification for some of the 'customary' practices
that they b-think is normal in that culture.

Are these people so far removed from what is just right.
and more properly why do we allow it to happen.

There is no 'smilie' that shows "Disgust" !:(

Gaalburn.

'Too much of a good thing may be wonderful.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #289146 by reggit
The dog stuff is being discussed at some length on another thread, Gaalburn [:I]

Was that doco about the live sheep exports on TV tonight? [:0] Darnit, if so I missed it :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #289150 by gaalburn
Thanks tiger........misse the thred... so wild.
Yes doco on live sheep on TV tonight.

Warmer Days are here. :)

Gaalburn.

More
14 years 9 months ago #289152 by reggit
Ah well, will have to watch it online this week...thanks for reminding me [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #289154 by sssnake
Here's a disgusting smiley for ya gb

File Attachment:

~

Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned

:cool:

More
14 years 9 months ago #289155 by gaalburn
Your welcome ...

Hope it's warm at your place.

Cheers.
Gaalburn.

More
14 years 9 months ago #289215 by Cinsara
With all due respect for everyone's best friends, I cannot for the life of me see the difference between eating your pet dog and eating any other pet animal. A hand raised lamb or calf club calf bonds with their human from day one and piggie wiggy will love ypu for ever yet it is ok to send them off for a confusing stressful journey to the meat works or. That dog was rendered unconsious then had it's throat cut at home, so the same as any other home kill....I know which I would prefer if I were the animal. Your pet chook or kids rooster ends it's days languishing in a pie....it wasn't born a dog or cat but that is just the western worlds slant on things. I wouldn't eat any form of dog/cat/carnivore but that is my choice but I wouldn't hesitiate to sit down to roast pet duck from over the road (not mine I don't eats pets of any genus).

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
14 years 9 months ago #289221 by Jo-Otago

The dog stuff is being discussed at some length on another thread

I must be blind 'cos I never saw it either :confused:
I don't understand the dog-eating thing either gb, however I also don't understand how people could eat horses. And I'm sure plenty of people can't understand how I could eat a sheep or a cow or a chicken. So although I find it a bit gruesome to hear about, I don't think that I have any right to judge what someone else eats - so long as the animal in question was killed humanely, and it sounded as though in this case the dog was? Even though I find the thought gross, I would far rather hear of someone humanely killing their pet and eating it than all the very very cruel things that some people do to their pets every day. I'd far sooner know that a dog was humanely killed and eaten, that left with no food or water on the end of a chain riddled with fleas and left to starve in piles of its own excrement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
14 years 9 months ago #289223 by DrVee
Completely second Jo, how can we condemn people that eat dog or cat or horse when we eat cattle, sheep, chicken?

As for the rumors that the dog was killed by a smack on the back of it's head then it's throat cut, (as long as the head blow rendered the dog unconscious immediately) how is that less humane than the thousands of cattle and sheep that are slaughtered in exactly the same manor in a slaughterhouse every day in NZ? And how many horror stories do we hear of cattle or sheep 'getting up' or 'waking up' off the floor???

If their culture is to eat dog, how can we condemn that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nah, just shoot it.......

More
14 years 9 months ago #289224 by Rustie
I just read the other thread but can't comment on there as it's been closed! :(

I think it's quite sad that some people can't give their own opinions without leading to 'abuse' and 'genaralisation' of those who disagree. It could've been a good discussion.

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

More
14 years 9 months ago #289226 by BillyTheTractor

Rustie;271425 wrote: It could've been a good discussion.

'Could have' being the words I would have chosen too.
TBH I've commented on none of the recent 'angry' threads( except to say I had been to Tonga) as I truly cannot understand why some people are so hell bent on making everyone agree with their opinions. It will never happen. Go on till you're blue in the face trying ...and some do...but what is the point? It's not a case of I'm right and you're wrong, it's just different. If someone has a strong opinion on something the chances of anyone being able to change their mind is slim!
So can we please stop all the sniping. It's boring and, maybe I'm alone in this but it's making this lovely place a less lovely place to be.
( oh yea and of course I don't have to read it :D )

Wee Farm

More
14 years 9 months ago #289236 by Rustie
Eloquently put Billie! :D

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

More
14 years 9 months ago #289243 by sssnake

I've commented on none of the recent 'angry' threads( except to say I had been to Tonga) as I truly cannot understand why some people are so hell bent on making everyone agree with their opinions

Exactly, having an opinion is one thing, trying to convince other people to agree with it is a different story, and where most arguments seem to stem from

Your opinion is just that, yours :) Everyone is entitled to one and who is to say which one is the correct one :)

~

Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned

:cool:

More
14 years 9 months ago #289248 by kate
:D :D

Web Goddess

More
14 years 9 months ago #289257 by Xartep
We were talking about this eating a dog thing on the weekend. It was mentioned by my elderly relatives that there weren't many cats and dogs to be found in urban Europe at the end of WW2. Those that did still have them had kept a VERY close eye on them. So the Tongans and Asians are not the only ones that eat them. Not to my liking I have to say. But if it was the difference between a meal for my staving family or a dog, well that might just be a different matter.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds