rat problem

More
14 years 11 months ago #270727 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic rat problem
ewww kiwi303. :-)

couldn't see myself doing that.....i though i was brave enough grabbing the live one the cat brought in by the tail from the back of the TV.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #270752 by moggy
Replied by moggy on topic rat problem
fortunately we don't have a rat problem, the only one we found inside was over the summer and we suspect the cat brought it in a let it loose, I wasnt around but hubbie was a complete wuss about it. Me I would have just whacked it over the head with a broom.

More
14 years 11 months ago #270780 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic rat problem
set the trap again last night, which we havent for the last couple of nights, and no rat caught. the cheese is still on the trap.

i dont for a minute think that's the end of it....we'll see. hopefully we're getting there in getting rid of them. have caught about 6 in the last 2 weeks. forgot to get more traps yesterday while in town.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
14 years 11 months ago #270847 by Skol
Replied by Skol on topic rat problem
You could always buy a fox terrier, we've got one. A real killer when it comes to rats and mice. Can sniff out where they are too. Yesterday the dog wouldn't leave a box of kindling alone in my shed, tip it out and there's a mouse. 2 seconds later it was dead.

More
14 years 11 months ago #270856 by moonshiner
Replied by moonshiner on topic rat problem
I get a plague of rats every time winter approaches, poisoning is what I finally, reluctantly resorted to to eliminate the problem.

How bad? Let me tell you a little story..... I was recently divorced and living by myself kinda in one 'part' of the house, leaving for work six in the morning and getting home about nine at night seven days a week. Anyways one night I went to feed the dog and found the bag of biscuits was empty, it was only a few days old. I found the access door from the shed was open so figured the dog had snuck in and dispatched the lot, very out of character though. Dog duly thrashed and another bag of biscuits bought.

A few days later and the same thing happened, over a 24hr period the bag was empty. *&%%$# dog!

A week or so later I was repainting the drawer fronts on the kitchen unit and when I removed the bottom drawer in the space behind it was an entire bag of dog biscuits, rat had chewed a hole in the wall behind the unit that backed onto the shed and carted the biscuits back to it to find they wouldn't fit through so had stockpiled them there. Mystery was I only had found enough to fill one bag, maybe the mutt HAD got one bag full

A week or so after that I was lying on my sofa/bed watching late night TV before nodding off and kept getting whiffs of dog biscuits, pulled the couch out from the wall and there was the missing stash!

Poor dog was probably watching through the ranch slider the rat cart his dinner away one by one and thinking "OMFG I'm gunna get a beating for this when the master gets home!"

That finally triggered the revenge frenzy and shortly afterwards I was repairing a 12ga sized hole in the wall where his entry orifice was.....:rolleyes:

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

More
14 years 11 months ago #270859 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic rat problem

moonshiner;250923 wrote:
That finally triggered the revenge frenzy and shortly afterwards I was repairing a 12ga sized hole in the wall where his entry orifice was.....:rolleyes:

dang... sounds like what the old biddies on here would expect me to be doing ;)

steel or lead shot?

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 11 months ago #270878 by moonshiner
Replied by moonshiner on topic rat problem
'Twas a wee while ago lead 8's if I rmeber correctly. Before someone decided our waterways were in dire need of rescuing from heavy metal contamination :rolleyes:

My head is in a much better place these days, but mate that rodent was fubar!! :D

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

More
14 years 11 months ago #270887 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic rat problem
There was some rat poison balls (blue coloured) called Storm you could buy, they will roll them around for a bit and then it all goes quiet...they will go outside to seek water because of the effects of the poison. Not had one die in a roof yet!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds