Swine flu warning - be careful if you own pigs

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265615 by Pumpkingirl
Easy for the airline perhaps Stu, but I wonder what the health authorities have to do from a legal standpoint to get them?

Also, while health authorities "jump" on these things, having worked in a bureacracy for a while, things take time to confirm... you don't want to jump the gun if you're not sure because then you run the risk of possibly crying wolf, and creating future problems when/if there is another outbreak.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't to a certain extent, and let's face it, I doubt even a perfect response would be good enough for anyone on that plane - I'd want to know before I got on the plane!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265624 by sundaysbest
Far out dudes! Please everyone stay safe!!! Be extra careful!!!
Sundays

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265627 by Stu_R

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265629 by Pumpkingirl
Stu, I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted you to shut down.. just trying to see why these things may be slower than we'd like. A bit of balance perhaps.

And having worked in the evil media for a long time, the first port of call for most health authorities in an outbreak like this is to inform the media as quickly as possible. In fact, when they work on these outbreak plans ahead of time, media representatives from different companies (tv, radio, newspapers) are usually included in that planning so they know how best to communicate everything.

And no-one is going to be able to beat the internet and media these days, it's just too quick.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265652 by kate
We're coming home via New York...does that mean I can't visit any of you when I get back??? :( :(

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265660 by Pumpkingirl

Kate;245193 wrote: We're coming home via New York...does that mean I can't visit any of you when I get back??? :( :(

Who are you again?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265663 by kate
[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265668 by Dream Weaver

Pumpkingirl;245202 wrote: Who are you again?

lmao good one PG. When are you coming home Kate???

We only have 1 pet pig next door. She got rid of her 2 cows cause they were too noisey (more like too dam hungry she had NO idea) Now the pig is a novelty, god help us.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265671 by reggit
We are piggy free, Kate :D and have a nice new spare bedroom for guests [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265673 by Pumpkingirl

Kate;245206 wrote: [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

No, still don't know you, any other clues???

I used to know this 29 year old again with curly hair, a weird accent and a one-leg-missing goat but I haven't seen her in a while.

The goat, on the other hand, is totally in love with me and calls me Mum :D

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265676 by kate
If that goat is really one-legged you and I need to talk [}:)]

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265679 by kate
Thanks Tigger - our own house is free about a month after we get home so we shouldn't need your spare room. But I do need to see the finished house. Last time I saw it it was a shell :D

Smilie - we're home on 20th May :D :D

(I can't believe I left a three-legged goat with PG and he's down to one leg in just four months [B)][B)][:0][:0])

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265687 by Pumpkingirl
I got hungry. And I could be talking about someone else anyway.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265693 by The Kats Place
Just don't cuddle any pigs on the way home Kate!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #265733 by Inger
You could always have a house-warming when you get home again Kate and everyone could come and see you (as long as neither of you catch the flu going through the US airport). ;)

And I remember you Kate. :) Even if PumpkinGirl is having a senior moment. :P :)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds