Coconut Yoghurt

More
9 years 8 months ago #38076 by CT
Coconut Yoghurt was created by CT
Does anyone have any tips/pointers for making coconut yoghurt? Mine just won't thicken but I want to avoid adding gelatine if possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #491788 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic Coconut Yoghurt
I haven't tried but beleive it doesn't really thicken much without a thickener like gelatin, perhaps there is a way to use pectin?

More
9 years 8 months ago #491796 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Coconut Yoghurt
you got me intrigued by the idea of of coconut yoghurt so I looked up the recipe This one uses egg white powder to thicken it. She says not to use fresh eggs due to the risk of salmonella, but I think in this country the risk would be very low, especially if they are your own chickens.

More
9 years 8 months ago #491807 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Coconut Yoghurt

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
9 years 8 months ago #491836 by Del
Replied by Del on topic Coconut Yoghurt
Also, you need to introduce culture and a sugar to feed it. A probiotic capsule opened and poured in plus a touch of honey works. Personally, I used gelatine too - but this is just to thicken rather than for taste.

More
9 years 7 months ago #491949 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Coconut Yoghurt
do you think it has anything to do with the 'antibiotic' properties of coconut? Does it kill off the yoghurt culture? Maybe if you heat up the coconut a bit it might help, or are you using coconut cream?

Sounds yummy, might give it a try....

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #492244 by Buttons
Replied by Buttons on topic Coconut Yoghurt
I've found that it won't thicken in the easiyo but does if left in the bench in a warm tea towel or if in a chilly bin with a hot water bottle.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds