Official seed box thread

More
10 years 2 months ago #483601 by green
Replied by green on topic Official seed box thread
Hello, would it be possible to have my name put on the seedbox list? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #483615 by powai
Replied by powai on topic Official seed box thread
Greetings, Is Powai on the seed box list, haven't heard anything
Many thanks, C

More
10 years 2 months ago #483824 by Edenview
Replied by Edenview on topic Official seed box thread
I've the seed box here, been delayed with blooming sick kids everywhere, but got it sorted now. Have pm'd kate, will send on when have next address. Great fun!

More
10 years 1 month ago #484277 by EV
Replied by EV on topic Official seed box thread
Seedbox received today. What a delight! Thanks so much to all who started and contributed to this.

More
10 years 1 month ago #484664 by Mainlander
Replied by Mainlander on topic Official seed box thread
Waiting patiently for seedbox No 2....

More
10 years 1 month ago #484665 by EV
Replied by EV on topic Official seed box thread
Not sure which one I had? (Couldn't see a number.) But have posted it back to Kate as per instructions as received no forwarding address.

More
10 years 1 month ago #484667 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Official seed box thread
Sorry, I'm having to re-jig the list and split one box as the other seems to be missing in action again....

Web Goddess

More
10 years 1 month ago #484672 by Mainlander
Replied by Mainlander on topic Official seed box thread
No worries - I was just a little concerned that it had gone missing in the post somewhere.

I have a few more goodies to add to whichever one gets to me!

Alan

More
10 years 1 month ago #484714 by powai
Me too. Eagerly waiting and have seeds ready to add. This is such a wonderful idea, I do hope the other seed box turns up, the variety and people adding to them makes it so interesting. I thought the system seemed to work pretty well?
Powai

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #486480 by Pinnacle_hill
I would love to be added to the list.

More
9 years 11 months ago #488328 by powai
Greetings! What ever did happen to the seed boxes? I never did receive one this time and couldn't find any answers to my messages? Will re check my settings ... best regards, Powai

More
9 years 10 months ago #489354 by Indian Runner
Hello.
Veeeery long time I took to come back here. I am so excited to see the seed box is still running strong, I had it in 2005 or 2006 and again maybe 2009???? Unbelievable well done!!
Here's two seedbox offspring stories.
I worked for Auckland Council until Monday and last September I thought with 8000 staff and free internal mail.... so I made a council seedbox like this one from the many seeds ai collect and swap. iI worked really well until of course someone threw a spanner into the works and it disappeared, reappeared for 2 people and believe it or not for some reasons disappeared with the same person again. But I read that it seems it's found again and hope it is coming back, still about 30 staff on the list.
But another great thing happened from there. I got a bit of internal publicity for the seedbox and Matthew, the library manager from Kumeu picked it up and ran with it and offered a seedbox in the library to the public, I simply raided our staff seedbox a bit for that as a starter.
see here: www.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/EN/Events/...edexchangekumeu.aspx

Since November they had over 200 people accessing it and have now split the seedbox for three more libraries and there are more on the waiting list!

So that may be worthwhile to spread through the country, maybe have a chat to your library. The other idea I had and will initiate is talking to two of the local schools that are already Enviroschools, Garden to Table schools, etc.
It seems so important that we save our seeds, I think the seedbox is a superb way of initiating this sharing.

Anyway, long way to ask whether I CAN please go onto the list of the seedbox?
cheers, E.

Some days you're the fly, some days you're the windscreen.

More
9 years 9 months ago #492155 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Official seed box thread
can I please be put on the seedbox list again? I need to give some of my seeds away - got way tooooooo many [:I]

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
9 years 9 months ago #492459 by Kermitnz
Replied by Kermitnz on topic Official seed box thread
Hi Kate :D , Hi Guys :D

It's been a long time coming but we now have a great garden so would love to be put on the list for the seed box lists please. I have a pretty good selection I can add as well. I have changed my address, so please PM me for my new address before posting out to me :) :) . Happy gardening everyone!!!!!!

If there is anything I can do to help get a second box up and going please let me know, I am more than happy to do so :)

Kermit & Tribe... 6 children (Tristan, Calem, Kaidan, Chloe, Sophie-Jaymz & Tess, 1 Grandson, Sebastian), 1 Cat (Bella) ...Waimate

More
9 years 9 months ago #492531 by smurfette
Replied by smurfette on topic Official seed box thread
Hi Kate, can I please be added to the other seedbox lists again? Have you managed to find the lost one yet?
Thanks
Jenny

I'll keep that. It will come in handy one day.:D:D:D

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds