pressure cooker vs slow cooker

More
13 years 1 month ago #373463 by Hasbeen
I was heart broken when i found my near new pressure cooker, though stainless, was not the right kind to work on an induction hob.
Still have Mother's old hot plate so when it is pea soup, stew or bean time it is back to the hot plate.:o

Recovering Lifestyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #373514 by Blueberry

NZ Appaloosas;365492 wrote: My personal preference is the slow cooker, but that's mostly because pressure cookers "scare" me. My mother never used one while I was growing up, and my auntie's used to hiss and spit and pretty much terrify me when I was there and she was using it. Hubby cooks in the pressure cooker, if the slow cooker is being used, I'm usually the one cooking
Diane

[}:)][}:)] oh, the memories: when i was a kid (obviously, a long time ago[;)]), my godfather, for reasons I don't remember, unscrewed the pressure valve on the lid while sauerkraut with bacon was cooking and the 5cm x 15cm slab of bacon that was in the cooker was blown through that tiny little valve, and stuck to the ceiling above[:0]. He has never managed to live that one down :D :D :D

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
13 years 1 month ago #373523 by Rubyjean
Have used both over the years but much prefer the pressure cooker. great for tenderising tougher cuts of beef or venison! Stevens kitchenware shop has stainless steel pressure cookers on special at the mo... reduced from $299 to $99. A bargain if you're looking to buy one.

More
13 years 1 month ago #373530 by Andrea1
OOooo.. thanks for that Rubyjean! My pressure cooker is ancient, and the handle cracked again last time I used it, and there's only so long the duct tape will hold... I was going to treat myself to a new one when my kitchen is done next month.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds