Slow cooker lid implodes

More
15 years 6 months ago #229225 by Ferngreen
Replied by Ferngreen on topic Slow cooker lid implodes
I think this happens from time to time. My sis inlaw had the door of her oven explode into pieces! We were sitting in the lounge, minding our own wine, when we heard this noise. We shot out to the kitchen to find glass all over the place. It was lucky that no one was in there at the time, as they would have been covered in glass shards. Dinner that evening was fish and chips... [:I]

Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain. author unknown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #229234 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Slow cooker lid implodes
NAAAAAA sell them to me! :D

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
15 years 6 months ago #229247 by NZ Appaloosas
Devan, I'll ask hubby to have a look-see.

I've never had a slow-cooker explode/implode, but I did have a kettle blow itself off the base! Think it was a Cascade, but I do know it was one week after the warrantee ended. :(

I won't touch the pressure cooker (except for the base, minus the lid, for making soup) cuz I'm always afraid it's gonna blow.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
15 years 6 months ago #229463 by sundaysbest
Jeez I've had mine a year, used once weekly for that time and never had any issues... I love it, I went to spend a Farmers voucher and went to buy it $90- but when I got the counter the sales lady said "reduced to $30!!! SO WAHOO!
Sundays

More
15 years 6 months ago #229812 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Slow cooker lid implodes
I bought one of those glass mugs just a couple of weeks ago, this one was clear coloured which suits me fine as I wanted it for work. We have had the original brown one for years and not one has ever shattered, yet been dropped many a time.. I do so hope my slow cooker lid doesnt follow that shattering performance.. wot a bother .. must hang onto the receipt.. if only I knew where it twas. had never thought of that happening.

More
15 years 6 months ago #230085 by Sunny
Replied by Sunny on topic Slow cooker lid implodes
We certainly hadn't dropped the darn thing, the food was gently cooking away when all of a sudden it just crumbled (in a very pretty way, I might add) - I've been a user of slow cookers for 35 years and never seen anything like it...all I can think of is that when they drill the hole for the knob at top, they might have a miniscule hairline crack that eventually expands with heat and pressure...anyway - got a brand new one, but have been wary of using it - maybe I should do a test run with just water in it! [xx(]

More
15 years 6 months ago #230107 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Slow cooker lid implodes
Yeah that would really rip my undies if i went to all the trouble to actually cook something and then couldn't blimmin eat it!
Bee dee where did you buy those mugs from?

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

• traderjohn
15 years 5 months ago #236218 by traderjohn
Replied by traderjohn on topic Slow cooker lid implodes
My one is all ceramic ... owned for over 20 years and never a problem

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds