What's for dinner in your house ??

More
10 years 6 months ago #472008 by igor
Nothing wrong with nice fat mutton swaggie. It's all calories to burn for good hard working country folk.
We had beef soup last night made from the water the corned silverside was cooked in earlier in the week. Beef bones were added to the silverside pot on the second day of simmering over the fire and pumpkin and other vegetables added on the last day after the silverside was removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472014 by Blueberry
Pork roast from a Cambridge Blue - delicious!!

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 6 months ago #472038 by Stu_R
Tonight is on special burger buns with cheese and tomato and onions :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #472048 by jennym
last nights leftovers heated up in last nights pot with a couple of eggs and a bit of salt and pepper.
i just dont feel like cooking anything.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472057 by shad297
Now I've got myself a part time evening job 3 times a week hubby and daughter decided to make a bacon and egg pie and yes they made the pastry as well, served with spuds and peas and it was yummy so I had two helpings!!! Always tastes better when someone else cooks.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472095 by max2
Kowhai fish caught yesterday afternoon/evening, salad and rice.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472212 by igor
Last night's dinner was two hens that our youngest observed eating a fresh egg on Saturday.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472257 by Stu_R
Tomato and onion sammies

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #475199 by igor
On Saturday little Mr 8 decided it would be roast chicken for dinner. He caught a spare rooster that we had been eyeing up for a while and killed it for mum to prepare. He had to get mum to hold it by the legs while he cut off its head though because he needs both hands to use my big axe.

More
10 years 4 months ago #475833 by Aria
It was mac cheese tonight and in my 20+ year pursuit to make the perfect one, this was closest. Latest lesson - you have to fork out for the vintage tasty cheese :D :D :D .

More
10 years 4 months ago #475902 by kindajojo
First crop of New Jersey benne potatoes tonight, with a bit of butter and mint I could live on them... Stirfry of fillet steak and fresh vegetables.

More
10 years 4 months ago #475977 by terralee
Terry finally managed to get his head around home killing Wooly 2th weather yesterday (just gets harder as we get older :( ) but Wooly has now filled our freezer and tonight will fill our tummy with thanks ...

So tonight is chops, chips, eggs, tomatoes and maybe some asparagus :)

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
10 years 3 months ago #477843 by Hasbeen
Brought home a vicious virus from visit with the Grannie terminator Grt Grandkids.
Christmas was spent alone eating magnificently from a care hamper left at door by daughter.
So it has been Shrimp cocktail ham all the trimmings Pav Trifle xmas pud clotted cream for days & days.

Now well enough to start on all the goodies from the garden with sausages

Tonight will end the meringues with fresh raspberries & cream as afters. :D

Recovering Lifestyler

More
10 years 3 months ago #478074 by Aria
Pan fried lambs fry, blood pudding and bacon - with hash browns and fresh corn on the side. YUM! :D :D :D

More
10 years 3 months ago #478256 by terralee
Chicken Chasseur tonight (includes mushrooms also beans and carrots out of our garden :D ) served with mashed spuds and silverbeet also out of our garden [^]

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds