What's for dinner in your house ??

More
12 years 3 months ago #412696 by cappina

shad297;409098 wrote: kids terakihi in breadcrumbs, scallopini, broccoli, cauliflower and rocket, oh and a bottle of chardonnay unoaked, not bad....

I assume kids a re sleeping well now... :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #412787 by Stu_R
um Bacon ( cause i defrosted it ) and um well maybe chips n eggs , maybe mashed spuds n peas , then again maybe Bacon butties :) .. um time will tell :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #412965 by Andrea1
Seafood chowder, fresh baked wholemeal bread.

More
12 years 3 months ago #413134 by Andrea1
Last night was roast shoulder of cabrito with garlic, olive oil and rosemary, roasted orange kumara and steamed broccoli, with beetroot brownies, ice cream and strawberries for afters.

More
12 years 3 months ago #413349 by Andrea1
Roast pork with red onion marmalade, 'blackened' green beans with basil and garlic, and this: www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/rec...ings-a-spicy-delight ('cept made with apricots) for afters.

More
12 years 3 months ago #413356 by Stu_R
Muggy Humid HOT here .. lost about 3kg in sweat today while working i reckon :(
Tonight will be corned beef and tomato n coleslaw n relish sammies .. or cheese n relish sammies or something cold anyway

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

More
12 years 3 months ago #413385 by lars arsbjorn
envy in reading, now -10 Celcius, we warm with fire and stew

ha det bra, adjø
Lars

( i am from the Scandinavian my translation poorest in english)

More
12 years 3 months ago #413392 by shad297
Went out for dinner with a group of girlfriends and I had Thai beef salad, glass of bubbly and half a lemon tart (the other half shared with a friend).

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 3 months ago #413490 by Andrea1
Chicken salad, made with apples, celery, yoghurt & honey and a bit of shoyu and some fresh coriander, all on ciabatta bread. Probably a green salad as well, depending on what's floating around in the fridge.

More
12 years 3 months ago #413493 by Stu_R
Another Muggy day ( but not as bad as yesterday ).. still to hot for much .. so probably sandwich's of some sort again
:) oh and Lars :) mate you can keep those - temps .. and enjoy your hot dinners :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #413499 by Andrea1
I'd like to swap a little of that heat for some of this cold, southerly wet, Stu! It has been awful here for what feels like weeks. We've had maybe 3 days all summer that I would consider summer days so far. I think the high today got to about 13C down here!!!

More
12 years 3 months ago #413506 by Stu_R
:) happily swap ya Andrea :) you can have all the muggy humid sweaty can't get out of heat .. will happily trade for a couple of cooler days :)
Ended up being Cheese, onion and relish sammies :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #413609 by Andrea1
roasted pumpkin soup with herbed chevon mince meatballs, grilled chevre on portobello mushrooms, rock melons & yoghurt for afters.

More
12 years 3 months ago #413668 by Stu_R

More
12 years 3 months ago #413746 by Andrea1
That dinner was indeed delicious, really hit the spot! Have a wee bit of leftovers, so will have that for lunch. The mushroom thing was so simple but SO tasty. Just mushrooms, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, grilled light, chevre and sliced tart apples (right off one of our trees!), then grilled again.

Tonight is BBQ t-bone steaks, chips and a green salad.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds