What's for dinner in your house ??

• chooky
16 years 6 days ago #12133 by chooky
What's for dinner in your house ?? was created by chooky
I get a bit weary of deciding what to cook up for dinner night after night . I always have heaps of supplies in but sometimes lack imagination re. preparation . Tonight we are having roast chicken with stuffing [}:)] and roast veges .
...what are you guys having ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
16 years 6 days ago #188248 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic What's for dinner in your house ??
Dunno I was hoping you'd give me some ideas! :D

More
16 years 6 days ago #188253 by eelcat
We're having crepes made with our own eggs (forgive me on this one, we are still so proud of having our own eggs), filled with silverbeet, ricotta, 'nother egg, s and p, and covered with our own preserved tomato (pasta) sauce and some grated cheese. The way my ducks were behaving this morning, roast duck was looking good too!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

• chooky
16 years 6 days ago #188258 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic What's for dinner in your house ??
That sounds really nice eelcat[^] . Makes our roast chicken sound positively boring .

More
16 years 6 days ago #188265 by The Kats Place
Potatoes, cauli, beans, silverbeet and Lamb (if the chap who did the lambs for me arrives soon) or possibly steak.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 6 days ago #188270 by jen
We made some chicken stock yesterday from chicken legs (drumstick end!) so tonight we BBQ the legs used to make the stock (brushed with a bit of BBQ sauce).. and tomorrow I'm trying something new.. wonton soup :) (wonton wrappers bought from the nearby asian store - freezer section), wontons will have have lean pork mince, fresh ginger and garlic, and they cook in the chicken stock... add some asian green near the end just long enough to wilt them.)

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
16 years 6 days ago #188275 by Louise W
Lamb chops (homegrown), stuffed spud (homegrown) and a green salad (not homegrown).

Eelcat - that bread and those chutneys you brought over on Sunday are LOVELY. I have been chomping my way through them for lunch every day :D

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
16 years 6 days ago #188279 by ardnas
Tuna Surprise! :D It's a recipe I adapted from some other recipe years ago.

It has tuna, whole peeled tomatoes, Italian herbs of your choice, garlic, onion and capsicum if you like. Simmer lower for ages so favoured meld then serve on pasta (shells are best) top with parmesan cheese. Yum, yum. :D :D Sometimes instead of capsicum I add diced carrots.[^]

More
16 years 6 days ago #188283 by pataka
Vegetarian lasagna - with tomatoes, capsicums and zucchini from the garden
Salad - lettuce, tomatoes, capsicums and cucumber from the garden

Got to get rid of all those tomatoes and capsicums some how!!

More
16 years 6 days ago #188289 by Kiwi303
I have no idea... but with a choice of beef, pork (wild or domestic), goose, duck, rabbit (wild or domestic), hare, Ham, mutton, venison, snapper fillet, goat, kid, eel and chicken...

We have difficulty deciding, and thats only from our own efforts on the farms and mine with the rifles/shotgun. Add various canned and processed goods and it's REALLY difficult to make up our minds :D

I'm hoping for a trip away early next month to either Kaikoura or west coast or the sounds, add crayfish and paua and kina to the list :D

I went and asked the cook... it's roast store-bought chicken with roast veges tonight.

Tomorrow I'm told I'm to find the pigs head in the freezer and thaw it out to make brawn.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
16 years 5 days ago #188292 by LongRidge
LongRidge Mini calf liver, with a bit of bacon to stretch the liver out. I thoroughly recommend calf liver. It's way more tender than lambs fry.

• maggies mum
16 years 5 days ago #188295 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic What's for dinner in your house ??
That sounds awffal LR! Ugh

We got Kitchen Surprise tonight!

There's nuffin in it...........thats the surprise!

I hate to admit it but I think it's KFC tonight!

More
16 years 5 days ago #188302 by skyline_glenn
We had mashed potato, peas, carrots(home grown) Lamb chops(home grown) and I had some leftover pizza from dinner last night(doggy bag from restaurant not pizza hut).
I would imagine the next 4 nights its going to be crap, crap and more crap. Got a boys trip to the V8's in Hamilton, which also includes the stock cars in Huntly on Thursday and the rugby on Friday.

Glenn

More
16 years 5 days ago #188312 by max2
Our local NSW butcher pumps his own corned products, so we are having a boil up, corned silverside, carrots, buttery mash potatoes, slightly (ever so slightly) boiled savoy cabbage, peas for E & me (not the woollies NZ peas, they were disgusting so I threw them out and bought Aussie) served with home grown and made tamerillo chutney.

Lots of silverside left for sandwiches this week (handy as I have run out of leg ham) and perhaps a cold meat meal with another batch of buttery (NZ butter of Aussie homebrand Woollies label) mash potatoes and steamed peas. Yum.

More
16 years 5 days ago #188318 by Gracelands
A new shop has opened next door to where I work selling fresh Argentinian pasta (:confused:I don't know - don't ask) and I took some home last night. Basil flavoured ravioli, which I cooked with broccoli and cauli, and leftover chicken, and their homemade pesto sauce. Lovely. Leftovers tonight.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds