Home kill services

More
1 year 5 months ago #554042 by Jorkyta
Home kill services was created by Jorkyta
We are new to the lifestyle block lifestyle and purchased a few Wiltshire sheep back in September.

We now have four sheep that we would like to slaughter for the freezer. Is there a home kill service that works in the Whitford area?

Cheers, Brent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #554047 by linrae
Replied by linrae on topic Home kill services
Easiest way to find them Find the processors as a lot of Home Kill dont process the kills
Call into other small holdings ask who they use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jorkyta

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #554048 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Home kill services
We put ours through the Tuakau Butcher. He will organize the guy to kill, who will slaughter in the paddock and will do some preparation and you have to book in, through the Tuakau butcher. You pay the slaughter man separately and then when he delivers to the Tuakau butcher, the beast/sheep hangs, then the butcher cuts up, packs, freezes and will cut to whatever you want. He charges per kilo. Works out very cost effective

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Stikkibeek.

More
1 year 5 months ago #554050 by linrae
Replied by linrae on topic Home kill services
Try
Counties Custom Killing 092360169 02102110012 Bombay

More
1 year 5 months ago #554061 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Home kill services
Mercer Home Kill is probably too far south for you, but if you are considering the other two options, all in the general area.

I'm not happy with one of the other options above, however, my experience was several years ago.

More
1 year 5 months ago #554062 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Home kill services
four sheep will last you quite some time! Can you sell a couple and buy some nice steak with the proceeds You will be getting more lambs in August anyway.
It really is quite easy to do your own butchering. The hard part is getting rid of offal. If you know anyone with a gun who can shoot the animal, the rest is quite straightforward. Don't let anyone just cut their throats without shooting them, that's inhumane and unnecessary.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds