Need advice on a suitable wastewater treatment system

More
1 year 8 months ago #553334 by hal01
Hi There,
We are in the process of building a new house. Still at the planning stage. Need some independent advice on what sort of wastewater treatment system would be suitable for our section. It's a smallish (1H) block near Auckland.
I have narrowed it down to 2 products:
1. Devan Integra wastewater system (bacteria based and needs an aerating pump and power)
2. NaturalFlow wastewater system (worm based, less mechanical parts and without the need for power)
When speaking to their product managers/sales consultant both companies are claiming their system is better. Not sure which way to go. According to my research NaturalFlow seems to be less forgiving if you make mistakes in not following the rules (i.e. kind of sewage, separation of black water, cleaning product types, etc.)

Can somebody provide some good advice. Keen to know from people who have either of these 2 systems installed.
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #553345 by Rippa
Look up advanced enviro septic (aes) , they are based on takaka near Nelson , it is a secondary treatment system that needs no pumps or maintenance except the occasion septic tank clean out that all systems need

More
1 year 8 months ago #553352 by max2
Engage the services of an independent wastewater engineer. They will know your Council and site requirements and will undertake all the necessary paperwork for you. It should save you considerable $$'s.

As an example, years ago we looked at the biolytix system for a rebuild, having previously owned two ''treatment'' systems in Aussie that in my experience, had more cons than pros about them. From memory, various system quotes were around the $16,000 mark and at the time, discussed options on here. There was a suggestion we should see a wastewater engineer to obtain another opinion for our property, and so we did.

The designed system, no moving parts and no need for quarterly treatments or inspections went in for around $8000 less than those systems marketed as treatment systems. We have been in the house for 12 years now, and have yet to have the main waste pumped out.

Well worth the visit IMO.

More
1 year 8 months ago #553353 by hal01

More
1 year 8 months ago #553354 by hal01
Thanks Max.
So which wastewater system did you go with?

More
1 year 8 months ago #553355 by max2

hal01 wrote: Thanks Max.
So which wastewater system did you go with?

didn't. Our fellow designed a one tank system with very long ''stocking'' type material for the water element to our waste. The solids remain in the tank like an ordinary pump out situation. The stocking part of it is buried.

More
1 year 7 months ago #553451 by StephHarmon
Are there stages to this? I woud like to know.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #556272 by The Island
Hi, I'm really interested in the Biolytix system. I've heard that worm-based septics can fail after 10 years or so. I guess Biolytix is newer technology (which should theoretically be better) but interested to know what people think of Biolytix? Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds