Update on neighbours from hell

More
10 years 2 months ago #481754 by drifter

Ruth;485453 wrote: When are you moving in, Igor?

One of the neighbours is a dairy farmer who could make his shed noise a lot quieter by shutting the machine-room roller door, but never will because that's his right! However, my shift in attitude has made it quite bearable: I don't have to milk cows as often as I hear him doing it and I bet I enjoy myself a great deal more, even though no doubt he earns lots more money. I just think of him having to work in there every time I hear the machine running ... No, that's not strictly true, because I don't actually give him as a person much thought at all. I am simply grateful I'm not living his life.

That would be annoying, but, I 'm reminded of an incident we had several years ago now. We thoughtfully muffled our milking machines because they were close to the neighbours's house. Only to have a very very irate neighbour arrive the next morning...apparently they had been using the noise as their alarm clock and were now late for work. Oops, we did mean well not like some of the other neighbours described in this thread. But, as others have pointed out, different strokes for different folks.

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #481760 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Update on neighbours from hell
I can't believe someone would be seriously irate about the reduction of noise. This is why I fail in this society; I have no idea what makes people do stuff.

More
10 years 1 month ago #481794 by drifter

Ruth;485538 wrote: I can't believe someone would be seriously irate about the reduction of noise. This is why I fail in this society; I have no idea what makes people do stuff.

Me too Ruth. People constantly puzzle me.

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
10 years 1 month ago #481799 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Update on neighbours from hell

drifter;485577 wrote: Me too Ruth. People constantly puzzle me.

Esp. those close to Auckland. [}:)]

I'm sorry but I have been continually puzzled by NZ humanity since I permanently arrived. Every now and then a wave of sheer normality hits, and then i think YIPPPEEE, and then some other moron moment happens and we are back to square one.

Even the Kiwi hubby agrees, it ain't what it used to be.... and its seriously gone down the gurgler since.

More
10 years 1 month ago #481807 by lars arsbjorn
surprises permeate discussion, my view kiwi warm person to person, is not true? or are these immigration from outside nation?

ha det bra, adjø
Lars

( i am from the Scandinavian my translation poorest in english)

More
10 years 1 month ago #481816 by kindajojo
Every fruit cake has it's nuts Lars

More
10 years 1 month ago #481818 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Update on neighbours from hell
Was lars posting about cooking? Who would know?

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds