Update on neighbours from hell

More
10 years 6 months ago #475477 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Update on neighbours from hell

swaggie;478560 wrote: something''.

However if I were you, I would delete your Hubby's first post (and perhaps ask Kate to delete the entire thread) on here.

I agree it appears very incriminating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475494 by Crusha
In effect there are two types of Trespass.

One is Trespass after a warning to leave and the other is Trespass after a warning to stay off.

The first is what would have applied to the scenario above, someone comes onto your property and you ask them to leave and they fail or refuse to do so. There is no need for multiple warnings as is often mistakenly advised ("you must warn them three times") but the warning must be clearly given and a reasonable time allowed for the person to comply.

The second instance is where a warning has been issued under Section Four of the Trespass Act which warns a person or persons to stay off of a specified property for a specified period of time (up to two years) after the issue of the warning.

This is often done in the form of a written Notice, but can be done verbally. This would be the Trespass Notice that you issue and then lodge a copy with the local Police.

The person named in the Notice then commits an offence as soon as they enter onto the property described in the Notice. (But for certain defences described in the Act)

Based on your first post I would suggest that you would have a deal of difficulty in proving a Trespass and as Swaggie has pointed out given the admission that "the girl" was slapped first it makes the current prosecution understandable from a Police point of view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475519 by horsemad36
seems to me that male assaults female (young girl) out does most of your complaints....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475527 by sunnyflowernz

Crusha;478606 wrote: In effect there are two types of Trespass.

One is Trespass after a warning to leave and the other is Trespass after a warning to stay off.

The first is what would have applied to the scenario above, someone comes onto your property and you ask them to leave and they fail or refuse to do so. There is no need for multiple warnings as is often mistakenly advised ("you must warn them three times") but the warning must be clearly given and a reasonable time allowed for the person to comply.

The second instance is where a warning has been issued under Section Four of the Trespass Act which warns a person or persons to stay off of a specified property for a specified period of time (up to two years) after the issue of the warning.

This is often done in the form of a written Notice, but can be done verbally. This would be the Trespass Notice that you issue and then lodge a copy with the local Police.

The person named in the Notice then commits an offence as soon as they enter onto the property described in the Notice. (But for certain defences described in the Act)

Based on your first post I would suggest that you would have a deal of difficulty in proving a Trespass and as Swaggie has pointed out given the admission that "the girl" was slapped first it makes the current prosecution understandable from a Police point of view.

yeah well we are not at all surprised we have had nothing but crap from the police every time we need them, no wonder 56% of nzers dont have any faith in our police force anymore, my husband was threatened with arrest by the police once for nothing and he went to the IPCA and they let the police investigate themselves and they exonerated themselves hello of course they would and my boss commited a criminal offence against me and the police had all these plans to seize his laptop and investigate him then suddenly dropped the whole thing, he commited a crime!!!! what does that tell u tells me volumes, these idiots next door have a history as long as my arm of harrasing the former neighbours fror 7 years with abuse and having a dangerous dog getting fined thousands over and over again, but every time they got away with it!!!!!

Im tired of it, I thought I was doing the right thing reporting the abuse I wont ever report anything again to any govt agency.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475534 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Update on neighbours from hell
I think the best thing you both can do right now is find a good lawyer to represent you.

If the statement given to police is anything like sugarpie's initial post on this thread, its not the police/govt nor system that is letting you both down, its yourselves.

Get legal help pronto. You are in too deep to put forward a constructive helpful defence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475644 by sunnyflowernz

horsemad36;478633 wrote: seems to me that male assaults female (young girl) out does most of your complaints....

assuming makes an ass out of u and me you people have no idea what we have had to put up with from these people, there are hundreds I say hundreds of posts on here from a senior member in this forum who had 7 years of hell with these people. and straight away you make an assumption because my husband smacked the bitch that we are in the wrong, Id like to see any of you put up with what we have had to for the past 2 years, the beating of the dog was the last straw for me.[:(!]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475645 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Update on neighbours from hell

sunnyflowernz;478770 wrote: assuming makes an ass out of u and me you people have no idea what we have had to put up with from these people, there are hundreds I say hundreds of posts on here from a senior member in this forum who had 7 years of hell with these people. and straight away you make an assumption because my husband smacked the bitch that we are in the wrong, Id like to see any of you put up with what we have had to for the past 2 years, the beating of the dog was the last straw for me.[:(!]


STOP, and stop right there! Look how this is ending up.... look at what this is doing to you both. Please get professional legal help before things get any worse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475661 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Update on neighbours from hell

sunnyflowernz;478770 wrote: assuming makes an ass out of u and me you people have no idea what we have had to put up with from these people, there are hundreds I say hundreds of posts on here from a senior member in this forum who had 7 years of hell with these people. and straight away you make an assumption because my husband smacked the bitch that we are in the wrong, Id like to see any of you put up with what we have had to for the past 2 years, the beating of the dog was the last straw for me.[:(!]

Using language like this on a public forum is not helping your case nor is it gaining you my sympathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475695 by Blueberry
You cannot change the past, not your actions nor those of your neighbours. Flipping out now and lashing out right left and center is only going to make you look like you really are someone who would slap a young girl without cause - which is what your neighbours from hell, and the police, are going to try and proof.

so take a deeep breath, take a step back, sit down and write down the timeline and things that happened as objectively as possible. you have to proof that you acted upon provocation with your rendition of the events, but, just as important, you have to proof through your actions now and in future, that you are not a person who lashes out at the slightest provocation.

show yourself as a mature and responsible adult who was provoked beyond endurance, who was assaulted in their own home by people that had been asked to leave.
Do not hesitate to bring up the instance with the SPCA, the inspectors unprofessional behaviour of telling those animal abusers who had complained, to make your point yet again that the system had failed you, not the other way around.

and, above all else - get yourself a lawyer. Even if you were a lawyer yourself, you are in too deep now and need representation.

complaining about the system is not going to help you - you have to take proactive steps yourself - NOW

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475703 by kindajojo
Sorry to say nothing supports slapping a young girl, you had the option of walking away from these people, inside your house and closing the door. Over rover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475731 by kaiapoi-ken
Interesting posts. What's that saying folks "Takes two to tango"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475778 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Update on neighbours from hell
Remember, sugarpie and sunnyflowernz, you moved in next door to them not the other way around. I'm still thankful that I don't live next door to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475782 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Update on neighbours from hell
Let's go easy on these people, and give them a little benefit of the doubt, despite their having cracked under pressure. We don't all manage to maintain our composure in stressful situations and having lived through a small part of the situation described here, I can see how any of us might behave worse than we think we would, if pressured enough!

I somehow doubt the posters would be worse neighbours than those about whom they're complaining, particularly bearing in mind the history in this case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475785 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Update on neighbours from hell
I agree, Ruth. Well said. It must be very difficult living in that environment day in, day out. This particular post was written partly as a result of seeing an animal being mistreated. How many of us can take that and not get upset? You only need to read back on other posts to see how angry that and other 'neighbour problems' makes people. Add to that noise and intimidation on a constant basis, and frustration that nothing appears able to be done by authorities... Sure, it's never OK to hit someone else and Sugarpie will rightly have to deal with the consequences of that, but I can easily understand how it happened if someone was up close, screaming in your face, and you temporarily lost it.

I hope that the history of these people will work in Sugarpie and Sunflowernz's favour. Yes, it takes two to tango, but try walking in these guys shoes and see if that changes one's perspective. It didn't take much figuring out to realise who the previous owners were, and I recall that there was much sympathy given to them at the time.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475797 by Blueberry

kindajojo;478836 wrote: Sorry to say nothing supports slapping a young girl, you had the option of walking away from these people, inside your house and closing the door. Over rover.


I dunno, Kindajojo - in a perfect world, with perfectly behaved young girls, sure......

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds