Update on neighbours from hell

More
10 years 6 months ago #36445 by sugarpie
This is very interesting. You may be familiar with the ongoing running battle we've had with the neighbours and how the previous owner(who is on this site but refused to answer my private messages) knew what they were like but didn't tell us. Well 2 days ago my wife witnessed the young boy(who is the motorbike revving one) beating the hell out of a German Shepherd they have on the verandah of the granny flat. He whacked it with a stick then punched it several times. I heard the commotion but didn't witness it. My wife made a complaint to the SPCA and they came around yesterday to investigate. The guy rang my wife later - it turns out he knows the woman at the address who owns the dog and they are lovely people and wouldn't hurt a fly etc. etc. Suffice to say we were angry when he wouldn't proceed with the complaint, especially as the boy who did it, the woman who owns it and her daughter all said that the boy only smacked the dog a few times.
Well yesterday at around 6.30pm my wife and I were watching TV and all three of them turned up on our doorstep uninvited and unannounced. The older woman was abusive from the start and said they were making a complaint against us for making a complaint against them!!!!! I kid you not, that's what she said. Things got heated and I ended up slapping the girl when she got in my face and screaming at me and then she punched me in the chest and kicked me in the leg. I had already told them to get off my property and they just stood there arguing. So I rang the police(and I believe they did too) and told them what had happened. I got a call close to 10.00 pm last night to ask if I could come and make a statement at the local police station. I was there until about half eleven!!!
I've just been scrolling through old posts by the previous owner and it makes chilling reading. There has been a long history of motorbike noise, 4x4 noise, dog ranger call outs, even verbal abuse from the neighbours from hell. I just can't believe that the previous owners knew all this stuff and never mentioned it, just to sell their house. I hate them for doing this to us, we are now stuck with a mortgage and these neighbours from god knows where.
I don't know when the police will be taking their statements regarding last night's incident but I'll post any updates. So angry right now[:(!]:mad:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475390 by LongRidge
It might be time to serve a Trespass Order on them, so that the next time you will be able to prosecute without having to beat them up. Check what you have to do by reading the Trespass Act.
When I was hit by a slob down the road, the police told me that because I didn't ask for suggestions until 2 hours later it was too late for them to do anything about the assault. But a guy (lets call him Trevor) that used to post on here hit a neighbour back after Trevor had been hit. The neighbour and his wife then got the police to prosecute Trevor, and Trevor lost the case.
It is a pity that your wife did not have a camera handy. You should tell the SPCA, the boss and not the investigator, that your neighbours have found out that it was you who brought this act of cruelty to SPCA notice.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475398 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Update on neighbours from hell
I have to say I don't blame the previous owners, lets face it if you put the place on the market today, would you advertise the problems? Also one man's neighbours from hell maybe the next ones neighbours from heaven.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475403 by Stikkibeek
Times like these a video camera would be oh so useful. The SPCA are good at dobbing in the complainant, but of course if you are the only neighbour, they would have guessed anyway.
My solicitor advised me to write up incidents and lodge with the police as "Base-line or historical data" That way, you have a clear history to fall back on if further incidents happen. In particular, police will take threats very seriously if there is written history. I did this when a previous neighbour began threatening me. They got a visit from the community constable which made them pull their heads in but not before they littered my garden with dozens of their used condoms. Thankfully, the landlord had them evicted.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 6 months ago #475409 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Update on neighbours from hell

kai;478500 wrote: I have to say I don't blame the previous owners, lets face it if you put the place on the market today, would you advertise the problems? Also one man's neighbours from hell maybe the next ones neighbours from heaven.

This is something I said in the previous posts on the subject. It is very subjective as to who is, or isn't, going to get on with the next person.

There is no point hating the previous owner/s, they have done nothing to you and choose the best thing for their wellbeing and got out.

I think I also mentioned this as a course of action for you and yours. Doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, life is pretty uncomfortable now for you and you won't ever relax by staying where you are.

LR if I recall correctly, Trevor and his wife ended up separating and she stayed on the property and he is travelling about. Such was the pressure of the situation on them Sugarpie.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475412 by max2
ps engaging with an already angry person/group is just as bad as arguing with a drunk. You are not going to win, nor get your point/opinion across and be understood.

Show them the gate/door and pick up the phone to call the police when they don't turn to leave the first time being asked.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475420 by sunnyflowernz
thanks for all your comments, great suggestions there, these people are the nz equivalent of american red necks 10000 times worse. that is what we are going to do tresspass them so that they cant walk on our property again.

I know what I saw that poor dog getting the beating of its life, I have lived next to bad neighbours before who abuse animals I dont want to look at it again.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475421 by Blueberry
- Trespass them
- grow a hedge between them and yourselves (or build a 2m fence)
- get a different contact number from the SPCA so you can circumvent that idiot inspector
- keep a diary of everything that happens, take photos/videos with datestamp
- talk to other neighbours about what you're experiencing

don't just take it, be open about it, spread the word - it's not your shame, it's theirs. Make sure you're never the one to start, but use all the legal means at your disposal.

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 6 months ago #475432 by sunnyflowernz
thanks Blueberry yes hubby has planted hedges all along the fence line to block them out and yes we are going to do all the things you suggest, thanks so much :D

More
10 years 6 months ago #475450 by sunnyflowernz
Update, the police have just arrested my husband and charged him for defending himself from those idiots UNBELEIVABLE!!! these people refused to leave our property when we asked them and kept yelling then one of them assaulted him so he hit back and the cops are charging him???? OMG what is this country coming to? firstly they get away with beating their german shepherd and now this?? the devil looks after his own huh?

More
10 years 6 months ago #475453 by max2

sunnyflowernz;478557 wrote: Update, the police have just arrested my husband and charged him for defending himself from those idiots UNBELEIVABLE!!! these people refused to leave our property when we asked them and kept yelling then one of them assaulted him so he hit back and the cops are charging him???? OMG what is this country coming to? firstly they get away with beating their german shepherd and now this?? the devil looks after his own huh?

I'm very sorry to hear your news. It would appear the police have one side of the story, and its probably the first story that got to them and so they are going through the motions of ''doing something''.

However if I were you, I would delete your Hubby's first post (and perhaps ask Kate to delete the entire thread) on here.

If you re-read it, he says he slapped the girl first.

As I said before, you cannot make sense to angry or drunk people. Regardless of who is right or wrong.

goodluck!

More
10 years 6 months ago #475455 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Update on neighbours from hell
Really sorry to hear about your husband, Sunnyflowernz - what an awful time you guys are having! You must be gutted at this turn of events. Hoping things will sort themselves out with the Police. Have any of your other neighbours had similar problems that could help with history of these people being intimidating?
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #475459 by zellakanzx
ahh. Justice at work.
Male assault female > any other assault. the courts love that shit. Easy prosecution and you probably gave them all the rope in your statement.

cheers
rob

More
10 years 6 months ago #475461 by kindajojo
File counter charges for tresspass....and assault

More
10 years 6 months ago #475476 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Update on neighbours from hell

kindajojo;478568 wrote: File counter charges for tresspass....and assault

as far as I understand, you cannot file for trespass without a trespass notice being issued.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds