Where to get raw milk

More
12 years 7 months ago #29431 by falke
Where to get raw milk was created by falke
well, I got a cheese making kit for my birthday - thanks ma! :D

However, where can I get raw milk from? I live in the eureka area (half way between hamilton and morrinsville) I know I can get it from the other side of cambridge, but that is really a bit far away.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #400064 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Where to get raw milk
Have you got enough room to keep a cow?

More
12 years 7 months ago #400067 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Where to get raw milk
Contact details sent via PM :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
12 years 7 months ago #400068 by clarry
Replied by clarry on topic Where to get raw milk
In your location there are many dairy farms, you may even know a dairy farmer that's a close neighbour ?

I think they are allowed to sell something like 5L per person, don’t quote me on this please as it maybe just new rules which they are trying to get in?

UTSF to find the thread on raw milk sales, as this might have more info :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #400077 by Horsey chick
Replied by Horsey chick on topic Where to get raw milk
Go and ask a nearby farmer if you can buy or have some of his/hers. They're usually pretty good about stuff like that. Even better if you can swap for something you have, like eggs.

More
12 years 7 months ago #400233 by falke
Replied by falke on topic Where to get raw milk
If I had room for a cow w calf, I would have one.Unfortunately, we only have enough room for a steer, and have to feed out over winter.

I have already checked out the other raw milk threads, haven't managed to find anything.

More
12 years 7 months ago #400281 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Where to get raw milk

falke;395221 wrote: well, I got a cheese making kit for my birthday - thanks ma! :D

However, where can I get raw milk from? I live in the eureka area (half way between hamilton and morrinsville) I know I can get it from the other side of cambridge, but that is really a bit far away.

Any ideas?

[}:)] If you live in Eureka, you have already "found it". :D

When Archimedes stepped into his bath and understood water displacement he could never have for-seen that his uttered word would end up the Place name of many places in many countries

Lots of dairy farms around your area. There must be someone you could approach.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 7 months ago #400287 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Where to get raw milk
The most nutritionally correct would be from a human - do you know any lactating ladies that have enough for you to have some?
The next closest is goats milk, but that makes cheese that is different than cows cheese.
Next come sheep, horses and donkeys. These are safe to use raw.
Whale and seal milk comes in somewhere around here.
About lastly comes cows milk, which is neither like human milk, and can have considerable health risks. Unless I knew the tuberculosis status at the time of milking (it can change in a day), the brucellosis status and the leptospirosis status, there is no way that I would touch the stuff "raw". I've seen the effects of all of these.

More
12 years 7 months ago #400351 by Leslie_NZ
Replied by Leslie_NZ on topic Where to get raw milk
Would pigs milk not be close to humans nutritionally? Just thinking if we can use insulin etc derived from pigs and other assorted pigs organs and cell structures medicinally, would that not make their milk close to ours?

Granted I have yet to see or hear of people milking sows, but I'm sure it happens somewhere. - On that note I've also not really heard or seen Human milk cheese either. but there you go.

More
12 years 7 months ago #401300 by falke
Replied by falke on topic Where to get raw milk
I've organised for an ad to go into my local rag - hopefully I will get a response.

cheers to everyone for their comments.

More
12 years 7 months ago #401310 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Where to get raw milk

falke;396620 wrote: I've organised for an ad to go into my local rag - hopefully I will get a response.

cheers to everyone for their comments.

Did you have any success with the contact details I PM'd you?

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
12 years 6 months ago #402003 by missycuddlz
Replied by missycuddlz on topic Where to get raw milk
Hi, just wondering whether you've found out where to get some raw milk from? I'm in Hamilton and would like to get some too.

More
12 years 6 months ago #402609 by homebirther1
Replied by homebirther1 on topic Where to get raw milk
Falke, are you able to PM the contact details for farmers that Organix pm'd you?? Thanks, we are in Matangi and are wanting to get milk on a regular basis

More
12 years 6 months ago #402618 by Shae
Replied by Shae on topic Where to get raw milk

homebirther1;398081 wrote: Falke, are you able to PM the contact details for farmers that Organix pm'd you?? Thanks, we are in Matangi and are wanting to get milk on a regular basis

??What! you don't have enough milk??
Actually I think I might ask the guys on the farm if we can get some occasional cows milk as well.

More
12 years 6 months ago #402621 by homebirther1
Replied by homebirther1 on topic Where to get raw milk
hehehe Shae.....this is my new idea :) I want to get about 10 litres a week, so I can skim the cream for butter and cream, and then feed the skimmed milk to porky (Paul has affectionately named our piglet that). I am thinking of asking that farm too, as they are one of the closest to here. Mavis who I used to get milk from can't supply me what I want. So are these guys nice?? lol

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds