Home made pasta

More
14 years 8 months ago #284422 by Rustie
Replied by Rustie on topic Home made pasta
Do you cook the spinach before pureeing?

Oh, and i'd like to join the plea for recommended brands as well please! Any good (or bad) ones?

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #284740 by simon@sue
Replied by simon@sue on topic Home made pasta

homebirther1;265623 wrote: My bread maker can too, but I'm just trying to decide where to get a pasta maker from....any recommendations???

Most kitchen places have them- Stevens do

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

More
14 years 8 months ago #284767 by Rustie
Replied by Rustie on topic Home made pasta
cheers s@s but i think it was makes of pasta machines rather than places to buy them?

I'd certainly be interested in if there are any that have lasted years, rather than months, and those that broke soon after purchase? Or even those that work well/not well?

Cheers! x

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

More
14 years 8 months ago #284784 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Home made pasta
Make sure its a solid one. Friend has one but it's a bit 'tinny' I thought, sorry don't know the brand.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 8 months ago #284787 by simon@sue
Replied by simon@sue on topic Home made pasta
Mine is a Marcato, they all sort of look the same to me and i think most are made in Italy. Never had any issues with mine, don't remember where i got it from, may have even been a present, i've had it a while :-)

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

More
14 years 8 months ago #284919 by The Kats Place
Well I made it in the bread maker, a bit of trial and error, rolled it out by hand so I didn't get it as thin as I would have liked. I'll cut it into 6 next time instead of 4 as it was too big to handle and got bigger that the board I was rolling on. I cooked half for dinner and it was yummy (with basil pesto) but way to much. I've got the other half rolled out and folded in and airtight container in the fridge to make lasagna

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 8 months ago #284942 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Home made pasta
i have never kneaded my pasta just 100g flour/1 egg per person in the food processor, zap until its like moist breadcrumbs, tip it out and squeeze until its a ball of dough, wrap in gladwrap and in the fridge until I need it.
then through the machine. I find it doesnt keep more than 24 hours as it gets a green tinge. I guess there is nothing to preserve it.

for eggier noodles use two egg yokes ( no whites) and two eggs + 300 g flour. they come out more yellow especially if the eggs are freerange. Good for lasagne.

More
14 years 8 months ago #284985 by The Kats Place
Mine did come out really yellow as the eggs are quite rich at the moment, and it came out of the bread maker at the already kneaded ball of dough stage. They must add something to the commercial fresh pasta to make it keep because theirs lasts for ages.
Lasagna tonight.

kats

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds