Kumquats

More
3 years 5 months ago #553240 by llvonn
Kumquats was created by llvonn
Hi, does anyone have experience regarding kumquat. In particular the difference between meiwa and nagami. I am looking at general eating and marmalade.

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #553395 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Kumquats
Hi Ilvonn
I've had a kumquat tree for years, and it is yet to fruit. On the other hand, i've got a seville orange tree - which is a bitter orange bred specifically to make marmalade - which has been supplying me with more fruit than i need for almost as long as i've had the kumquat tree....

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
3 years 4 months ago #553403 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Kumquats
Somewhere i have a really nice marmalade recipe that you make in the microwave. Requires three fruits, orange, lemon and grapefruit, but can be made with any citrus.
I'll have a look for it and post in appropriate forum. really nice, doesn't require soaking the fruit, particularly grapefruit to lessen the bitterness.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
3 years 4 months ago #553404 by llvonn
Replied by llvonn on topic Kumquats
Unfortunately I am not able to have any grapefruit. I haven't found a nice tart marmalade that matches grapefruit. I do have a kumquat tree coming tho. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
3 years 4 months ago #553405 by StephHarmon
Replied by StephHarmon on topic Kumquats
A kumquat isn't much bigger than a grape, yet this bite-sized fruit fills your mouth with a big burst of sweet-tart citrus flavor.

More
3 years 4 months ago #553411 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Kumquats
Yuzu might be good for a tart low furocoumarin marmalade..

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4641707/

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds