The extremely rare astringent persimmon

More
5 years 3 months ago #544444 by llvonn
Hello, I am after an astringent persimmon. I recall my grandmothers tree having giant orange acorn shaped fruit and would love one similar. I can not seem to find any astringent persimmons available commercially and have been looking for some time. Would really appreciate some help in obtaining one. I have a space set aside in my garden for one, but the gap has been there for some time. Can anyone help?

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #544445 by Furball
Hello Llvonn
As I have said in the other persimmon thread, though they are harder to find, I bought an astringent persimmon (Hiratanenashi) from a seller on Trade Me. He does a wide variety of unusual fruit trees, including cider pears, ponderosa lemons and pomelos. The trader's name is "nchun", and if he doesn't have what you want listed, he is usually able to get hold of it.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Furball.

More
5 years 3 months ago #544451 by Anakei
I have used nchun to obtain several unusual edibles. He supplies good quality plants and the delivery is fast. Everything supplied has thrived, so I can recommend him.

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds