Can any body help me please?

More
10 years 2 months ago #36999 by Twinmills
Live on a small life style block, decided it needed more trees around place, last year bought several assorted good size ones and also a "Robinia Frisia" it survived, but this season it hasn't growen much and it looks like something has eaten it......neighbour reckons it's been eaten by grass grub, wasn't any help with what to do to save it other than pull it out......would it be grass grub? any suggestions about what to spray it with, will it reshoot again in spring? other trees all doing well.... :confused:

Me and
sheep
Chooks
dog[:D][:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #480917 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Can any body help me please?
hey Twinmills, Robinia is one of those trees that will resprout easily - too easily sometimes, if you nick the trunk it sends runners out as a survival strategy, and these can be quite a problem if get too profuse!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
10 years 2 months ago #480950 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Can any body help me please?
Hi, I wouldn't worry too much so long as all the the leaves aren't gone, although even if they have the tree being deciduous lots of the trees have started dropping their leaves early, usually the tree will just go into a dormant phase(like they do in winter) or it may shoot some new leaves. Just make sure if it does get dry put some water on it, and perhaps some mulch around it would help. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds