How do i stop Rabbits burrowing

• Andrew&Lisa
12 years 7 months ago #28554 by Andrew&Lisa
How do i stop Rabbits burrowing was created by Andrew&Lisa
Im building my first decent garden, its a raised garden, we have a lot of rabbits on our property, can anyone tell me how to stop rabbits potentially burrowing into the garden & damaging my good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #390138 by witheze

More
12 years 7 months ago #390141 by digby
Get a foxie :)

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
12 years 7 months ago #390149 by sod
Replied by sod on topic How do i stop Rabbits burrowing
Both of the above also our Rottys and heading dog if set onto them LOL

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #390157 by 4trees
Hi, We get troubled by Rabbits and just get some branches of Manuka and poke in the ground beside the plants, they provide a bit of screen from the sun and the rabbits don't like the prickly type branches, I would imagine if you laid some manuka branches along the edges, they possibly wouldn't touch them. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
12 years 7 months ago #390178 by igor
A shotgun is good.

More
12 years 7 months ago #390201 by DiDi
Rabbits will be an ongoing problem if you don't do something about it. They have an innate sense of where they can live "safely"

Not sure how big your property is but I had mine (15 acres) shot for 22 years and there were always possums and rabbits for the guys to shoot. They are not fluffy little cuties - they are a pest! Another reason was I had horses and a leg down a rabbit hole could break a leg in a second.

More
12 years 7 months ago #390203 by Blueberry
chicken wire around the perimeter of your garden - 15 cm inground, 80+ cm aboveground. The only reliable way of keeping them out.
One 'bunny' can destroy 4 weeks worth of lovingly growing seedlings in one night - and it's really, really hard to get on top of that frustration!
i've been known to wake up neighbours "relieving the tension", and we live in the middle of our very own 50 acres....[:0][:0][:I]

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
12 years 7 months ago #390273 by kaponga
A hot wire - true live fencing wire, not tape at about 4-6 inches off the ground. At bunny ear height. Tis not a total safeguard, but stops most. My uncle used to do this around his commercial statice patch, to stop the charmers munching when the plants were young and tasty. Was great until you forgot about the wire with an armload of flowers later on the season and went a** over kettle... by this stage it wasn't normally hot, but still there in case lol

More
12 years 7 months ago #390303 by Andrew&Lisa
Thanks very much for all your suggestions.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds