Help! Lost a contacts group in Internet Outlook

• tigger
17 years 3 months ago #9074 by tigger
Hubby has somehow managed to wipe a contacts group/email address list from the address book in Internet Outlook - anyone got any idea if it is possible to retrieve this, and if so, whereabouts I can look for it in the system???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #145805 by Isla
On your backup disc, of course, where you carefully saved it the other day in case of such an event. :( I think once they're gone, they're gone. If you don't routinely delete all your email, you could go back through and find them all again perhaps.

More
17 years 3 months ago #145806 by reggit
Thanks Isla, it's not the emails as such, but the address lists sitting in the address book...

I don't hold out much hope for him, he'll probably just have to reenter them all, but thought I'd ask just in case...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
17 years 3 months ago #145809 by Isla
No I meant if you still have the emails from which you might have harvested the addresses, you could find them again - either sent or received. Sometimes that's about as labour-intensive as just reentering from a written source.

More
17 years 3 months ago #145810 by kate
Do you mean he deleted the email addresses or a whole email group? If it's the email group, I don't think it deletes the addresses so you could recreate the group...otherwise...I think you're stuck!

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
17 years 3 months ago #145813 by Isla
Good point. A group's contacts will still be there; a folder's contents, if they're not also somewhere else (?) disappear for good.

More
17 years 3 months ago #145860 by beedee
Isla how do you copy outlook expresses addys onto a CD or whatever??? step by step please apart from turn the machine on!!!!!

More
17 years 3 months ago #145864 by Isla
This is how I've always done it in the midst of other backups, but there's an easier way afterwards for the file on its own:
Right click on Start (I'm working in 98 SE), Explore, then click the following Folders or + beside them: Windows, Application Data, Microsoft, and there you will see Address Book. Inside that folder is the file you want, with a pretty little booky icon. Drag that onto a DVD/CD/floppy, depending how big it is.

Otherwise open the address book, click on File, Export, Address Book and save it to wherever you want to write it.

If you didn't turn the machine on before starting that, you won't have made much progress. Right, from the start: is the plug in the wall and the switch turned on? [}:)]

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds