beware

More
15 years 3 months ago #9060 by beedee
beware was created by beedee
this came in on one of my other groups.. if I now know about it then the criminal family will also.. and be getting geared up..
I have now stopped just walking into the garage and leaving my car open and bag in the car,esp at those pre pay places as it takes so long to get served.
http://video.sheriff.org/psa_cartheft.shtml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #145689 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic beware
I have been locking my car for years at the gas station for just that reason. The beauty of central locking - get out flick and thats it. Good warning to those who don't though.

• Toni - Northland
15 years 3 months ago #145696 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic beware
A local, a few years ago got her bag snatched out of her car while she went and paid for her gas. I now lock mine as well.

I won't go to pre pay places though as I refuse to pump my own gas, never have, never will, don't know how.

More
15 years 3 months ago #145764 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic beware
Love you Toni - I hate pumping my own gas and when I am at the Local Caltex just frown at the camera and someone usually bursts out of the building to my car! So they damn well should - I've been a customer there for 17 plus years!

Having said that... I am now aware of how little the gas station actually makes on the litres we put in our cars and the fact that they have to pay staff and deal with the buggars who fill up and disappear. Must take ages to recoup the loss so I have become more generous in my attitude (because I can do it myself!) despite the fact that I believe that staff on the forecourt will limit theft. Not my business so not my decision but I personally think they should think about it in those terms.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds