Feeding Children

More
16 years 5 months ago #52099 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Feeding Children
Swap you the fish pie!! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #52100 by MikeCollett
Replied by MikeCollett on topic Feeding Children
we run he taste everything rule here too. i suppose i have little tolerance for not eating. there are very very few things that i dont but really like to eat. eg brussel sprouts are devine, and fish pie is even better! ill try anything azt all if it is bonafide food. eg not insects or offal - im a hunter/gatherer, not a scavenger.
btw, i must try some cold brussel sprouts, they sound nice. they are ok raw, but better cooked. cold, hmmm, you never know...

I don't mind fishing in the rain, fish are already wet...

More
16 years 5 months ago #52102 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Feeding Children
Peanut butter spread on celery, ummmm!

As a kid there were few things I wouldn't eat, weiner schnitzel being one of them, but in those days it was real veal and really 'tangy' and I hated it. Only time my dad ever slapped my bum was when mum had cooked some and I wouldn't eat it - he felt soooo bad! We were not a smacking family, but I don't think I gave them much reason to anyway :D.

Bit different if a kid won't eat anything that they are given, that is a punishable offence in my books, we were taught that we should be grateful to have food on our plate.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
16 years 5 months ago #52105 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Feeding Children
Apple and sugar sandwiches. Yum!!!!!:D

More
16 years 5 months ago #52108 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Feeding Children
Lettuce and sugar Sammies...even better! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
16 years 5 months ago #52114 by llamafarma
Replied by llamafarma on topic Feeding Children
Salad cream Butties , heaven!!! I think the only 2 foods i REALLY cant abide are celery & liquorice, oh and anything my step mum used to cook, you can stuf your fish fingers that are burnt on the outside & fozen in the middle!!!!

2 Goats, 7 Chooks, 1 Cat 1 Dog, (RIP Jake) & 2 Kunekune's.......& a fabulous new rescue GSD,for now.......

• chooky
16 years 5 months ago #52118 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Feeding Children
Gosh LF- only a special cook could do that to fish fingers.[:0]:D[xx(]

Apricot jam and cheese sammies are yum [^][^]
Brussel sprouts are definitely not [xx(][V][V]

More
16 years 5 months ago #52120 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Feeding Children
Brown sugar and butter sammies :p shh! Don't tell the food police! [}:)]

It doesn't help when you go to restaurants with friends with kids who do eat most things that all that is usually on the kids menu is chicken nuggets and chips, fish and chips, hot dog and chips - even in good restaurants with lovely food for adults! :( These particular friends end up feeding their kids off their own plates.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 5 months ago #52128 by MikeCollett
Replied by MikeCollett on topic Feeding Children
crayfish, avocado and shoestring fries in a sandwich - nothing better. maybe with a little mayo.
tigger - those parents deserve a commendation.

I don't mind fishing in the rain, fish are already wet...

More
16 years 5 months ago #52147 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Feeding Children
Tigger, there is NOTHING more frustrating!!! :(

We oftentimes, in that situation, will purchase an extra adult's meal and ask the kitchen to divide it btwn two plates for each of the (older) kids. The youngest then gets fed from our plates (or the older kids' plates).

I find it frustrating eating out with friends whose children will only eat from those chicken nuggets and chips, pizza and chips, etc menus. And when they do get that cr*p, they smother it in tomato sauce and don't or won't eat the small side salad. Just the junk. Argh!!! :(

ETA - there's nothing wrong with a little bit of junk occasionally. The frustrating part is when that's all there is on offer.

• Toni - Northland
16 years 5 months ago #52154 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Feeding Children
Golden Syrup sammies.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds