Help needed for Copyright symbol

More
15 years 4 months ago #8783 by Midge
I wonder if one of you photoshop wizards would be able to take me through creating a copyright symbol, step by step in a language you'd use if teaching a five year old, using Photoshop Elements 2 please.

I think it will take me years to learn what all the functions mean
:(

Ta very muchly
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #141921 by GBpeter
If you have Word - go into Symbols under Fonts and you should have copyright, trademark ... symbols you can cut and paste as wanted © ©

More
15 years 4 months ago #141942 by Birman Babe
images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=copyr...=Search+Images&gbv=2
Midge, go into this link & copy into your Photoshop or alternatively, if you cant do that, email to yourself & do it that way.

More
15 years 4 months ago #141956 by wyseyes
Or, in whatever program you are using, (ie Word, Notepad, any text editor, in any cell in Excell, any textbox etc) hold down the alt key, and type 0169, then release the alt key. © will appear.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
15 years 4 months ago #141995 by Midge
Thanks guys:)
I don't think I expressed what I really wanted well enough. A bad habit of mine[:I]

The Photoshop programme I have does have the copyright symbol in one of it's menus, but be buggered if I can move it.

I've read posts on various photography sites about making a stamp of sorts which includes the copyright symbol, name and year, which is really what I want to do. Sorry about the confusion.

I've spent the past couple of hours farting round photoshop again, trying to understand various methods I found on the net and finally I have made a 'new brush' that has the copyright symbol, my name and the year. I'm still having difficulty with size and boldness of the text once I've stamped it onto a pic. Ah!! it's driving me mad. I think it's time I gave up for the day. This girls earned a stubbie and a ciggie :p
Thanks again!

www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
15 years 4 months ago #142002 by grannie Mary
Midge, Ill try & help you this evening when Ive got enough time, I know exactly what you are talking about, it is fiddly but it does work

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
15 years 4 months ago #142004 by Midge
Here I am an hour later and back at it[:0] My nature, when trying to do something new is similar to a dog with a bone;)

The stubbie and ciggie helped tremendously!!! I think I've nearly worked it out. Have just printed off an A4 pic and there is my info in the corner. Woohooo! It doesn't look as sharp as I'd like it but I guess I'll just have to keep fiddling about with the size of the text.

Grannie Mary please do still post your method when you can. It may be an improvement on mine!

www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
15 years 4 months ago #142122 by grannie Mary
Sorry this took so long, I did it on here then the internet went down so had to do it again on word so here you are good luck

File>new>blank file
.>on foreground colour swatch at bottom of toolbar & choose a med gray colour in the colour picker>OK
.now>Alt-backspace to fill the background layer with medium grey.>the letter D to set your foregroung colour to black.

.>T In the options bar choose font ariel bold from font popup menu, >on the centre text icon. >the cursor on the grey background, press & holdthe Alt key & type “0169” using numeric key pad, release the Alt key to create the copy right symbol.
.>enter to move cursor to next line then & type the name you want for copy right on the photo. Now hide the back ground layer by clicking on its eye icon in the layers palette.

Highlight your (name) but not the copyright symbol with the type (T) tool & increase the size of your nameby using the Set the Font Size pop up menu in the Options bar. When it’s the right size highlight just the copyright symbol & resize it upwards till its bigger than than your name, try the type at around 50 points & the CR symbol at200.

Go to the styles & effects palette(maybe under windows menu) & in the more flyout menu choose thumbnail view. In the popup menu in thepaletted upper lh corner choose effects, in the 2nd popup menu, make sure ALL is selected, now scroll down to the palette &double> on the clear emboss(type)effect.

Now mqake the background layer visible againbygoing to the layers palette & . in the empty box where the eye icon used to be.

Open the photo you want to contain this watermark. Make sure this photo & he doc with your embossed watermark are both visible within elements(Cascade under windows menu.)

.V then >& drag the lge copyright symbols Type layer from from the layers palette & drop it onto your photo . You can then resize as needed. > enter.

Now go to the layers palette & lower the opacity of your type layer so its clearly visible but doesn’t dominate

To embed into your photo, go under file menu & >file info, this is where you enter the info you want embedded

In the dialog change the copyright status menu from unknown to copyright & enter your personal cr info, & then under the copyright infoURL enter your web address, that way anyone who opens your pic goes straight to your website (if you want that)
>OK & the info is embedded in the file

Hope you can follow this, took me a while to get it right.
>means click
Cheers.

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
15 years 4 months ago #142194 by Midge
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this G.Mary:D I appreciate it so much and although I'd nutted out some of it, your recipe solves a couple of moves that I was having problems with.
Ta very muchly!

www.jerseycows.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds