dress code on tv news

More
14 years 9 months ago #875 by Hestia
dress code on tv news was created by Hestia
I am for individuality but when you concentrate on the news readers outfit since it kind of takes over both the studio back ground and then the news then I do not think it looks professional.
Their clothes should be silent and let the news talk.

Is it it just me that think about this?

am I turning in to become like my grandmother? :) :) :)

News reader 1: stripe grey jacket/stripe pink-blue shirt/bright orange flower tie

News reader 2 : blue jacket/ green shirt with white dots, collar stands up on one side / stripe white and yellow tie, tie isn't straight and points to the right

Female news readers:often have too small jackets and a shiny singlettes that looks like nighties

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51812 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic dress code on tv news
I agree Suzanne! And I don't think I am turning into my grandmother yet!

They all seem to be wearing designer type clothes whereas I'd much rather see them in professional, 'quieter' suits/jackets. As you say, too distracting.

Don't even start me on the weather readers' clothing!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #51817 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic dress code on tv news
Quote: 'quieter suits/jackets'.
Come on, you guys are old grannies :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #51819 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic dress code on tv news
yes, I am a grannie,,so are some you guys as well :)

BUT,, do you wear same clothes when you fluff around at home as when you go to the bank or to work or do you shopping?

yap, some of the things I wear private would never sit on me when at work or at the bank or eating out (depending on where).

I have had dress code at my works, if not after security then after hygiene or after if meeting with public.

TV is very much public!
If it is hosting a tv program,,fine it is your personality or that programs personality but when you read the news or the weather then you should not like like as if your house has burnt down and you grabbed whatever you could get from the sallies :)

I was to look at if european news readers have sunken down to this level as well,,but forgot to watch news when on vacation,,other things to do!
The news readers I saw on tv in europe 6 years ago were dressed discrete and tastefull and if any of them showed up at work in something not matching then they did fetch something discrete from TV's wardobe and hanged on them!

*sallies do a great job!
one of the few outfits that gets money from me!

More
14 years 9 months ago #51820 by Birman Babe
Quote : "BUT,, do you wear same clothes when you fluff around at home as when you go to the bank or to work or do you shopping?"

Sure do if I am going to Paeroa. Might tidy myself up a little bit for Thames. Sorry but I am a bit of a slob at times :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #51825 by reggit
I tend to think it is all part of the same package of our news becoming fluffier and not as well presented - one thing that really gets up my nose is the talking heads making snide little comments between news items, they are supposed to be neutral and providing information, not taking sides, that is what talkback radio is for! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #51834 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic dress code on tv news
After making comment in a previous thread about a person who reports on Sky TV in Aust reporting NZ news, her appearance took a dramatic change for the better, the hair more under control and looking CLEAN!

I don't know whether this person or their wardrobe/make up person is related to someone here, but the difference and timing was amazing...

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #51835 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic dress code on tv news
Well, hubby and a lot of blokes around here watch TV3 weather because of the weather girl and what she is wearing, or almost wearing. He was most offended when Facelift did a skit on her. I thought it was the funniest thing I had seen in a long long time.:D:D:D

More
14 years 9 months ago #51836 by reggit
Arghgh! Toni Marsh! :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #51839 by Birman Babe
I think Prime have the best female presenters (i.e Kelly, Suzie & Ali)& I usually watch their news 5.30-6pm as I am normally in the kitchen and/or catteries after 6pm.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51850 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic dress code on tv news
My 3.5 year old son loooooooves Toni Marsh. Has done since he was four months old. Whenever she comes on, he goes quiet and stares at the tv with this goofy smile on his face. If he is in another room and hears her voice he comes running in to give her his goofy smile.

So funny:D

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #51851 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic dress code on tv news

quote:Originally posted by Louimay

My 3.5 year old son loooooooves Toni Marsh. Has done since he was four months old. Whenever she comes on, he goes quiet and stares at the tv with this goofy smile on his face. If he is in another room and hears her voice he comes running in to give her his goofy smile.
So funny:D

Sounds like my husband.:D

More
14 years 9 months ago #51853 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic dress code on tv news
LOL Toni

So funny:D:D

More
14 years 9 months ago #51854 by reggit
I was gonna ask if he dribbles too, but not sure whether to direct that one to Louimay, Toni, or both [}:)]

More
14 years 9 months ago #51855 by Birman Babe
Hey, my Hubby is a Toni Marsh fan as well. So these men can obviously see something which we women dont !

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds