Gangs

More
16 years 8 months ago #52039 by lady yank
Replied by lady yank on topic Gangs
I didn't know your laws prohibited carrying self-defense weapons. I carry them. When entering a government building or hospital, we are not allowed to take them inside. They are confiscated then returned when we leave the building. Recently I entered a hospital thru the scanning doors. Of course I set off the buzzers. When the policeman asked if I had any weapons, I handed him my tazer. When he asked if I had anything else, I handed him my pepper spray. When he asked a third time, I handed him my knife. (It was just a large pocket knife, but not allowed.) He then asked for my purse and spent quite a long time looking thru it. He handed me my purse and a claim ticket for the items. I have never been scolded by a policeman for carrying these items. In fact, they seems rather pleased.

Don't make me release the flying monkeys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #52044 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Gangs
Good grief, that is scary.... You must feel very unsafe in your environment! Or are you joking?? Anywhere else in the world i would think you must be pulling our legs.... Most NZ'ers, especially those outside big cities (ie, auckland) would be horrified. Yay for good old NZ I say!

More
16 years 8 months ago #52112 by lady yank
Replied by lady yank on topic Gangs
No, I am not joking. I don't feel unsafe, but am prepared to defend myself should the need arise. I live in a large city. The police are very prompt, but they arrive AFTER the crime has been committed. Just last month my son was walking in a local shopping center when he saw a young man snatch an older woman's purse. My son is young and can run very fast so he chased the criminal, but the snatcher jumped over fences and got away. DS then went back to the woman and offered to let her use his cell to call the police. DS immediately called me to tell me to be sure to carry my tazer. If this same man tries to grab my purse, a jolt from the tazer should put him on the ground where I can give him a couple of quick body shots and kick to the nether regions to teach him the error of his ways.

Don't make me release the flying monkeys!

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds