Gangs

• Toni - Northland
16 years 8 months ago #51833 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Gangs

quote:Originally posted by spoook

Toni, I have this picture in my mind of you standing at the end of the darkened underpass, a light breeze blowing through .... billowing your supercape as the light comes from behind you.......... hands on hips daring any child to do wrong.
Oh, I wish I could draw [}:)] [:X]

You forgot the Redbands.[^]

the police are too busy catching people driving 56km/hr in a 50km zone to be bothered about school bullies......

Right on Tigger. That is what they have been doing in our town lately. Pinging the teachers on their way to school. Daughter is coming out later so will get an update from her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #51837 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Gangs

Toni, I have this picture in my mind of you standing at the end of the darkened underpass, a light breeze blowing through .... billowing your supercape as the light comes from behind you.......... hands on hips daring any child to do wrong.
Oh, I wish I could draw [}:)] [:X]

do you reckon she will be in matching tights with a big T across the front?

More
16 years 8 months ago #51838 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Gangs

quote:Originally posted by Toni - Northland
the police are too busy catching people driving 56km/hr in a 50km zone to be bothered about school bullies......

Right on Tigger. That is what they have been doing in our town lately. Pinging the teachers on their way to school. Daughter is coming out later so will get an update from her.

That wasn't me that said that - they are pinging people around schools because the schools wanted them too, can't have it both ways, wanting the cops to uphold one law and not the other ;)

I am saying that in support of the police, despite being pinged twice passing the school close to the block. Certainly makes me slow down now! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 8 months ago #51840 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Gangs
Geoff's been pinged twice outside Matangi school as well [:I]

Web Goddess

• Toni - Northland
16 years 8 months ago #51841 by Toni - Northland
Sorry Tigger it was oskatd.

You other 'orrible lot will be saying I wear my undies on the outside of my pants next.[:0][:0][:0]

More
16 years 8 months ago #51842 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Gangs
surely you can be arrested for that kind of behaviour???

Sorry, I have no sympathy for people speeding past schools, I think 50km is too fast at certain times of the day! And as for passing the school bus at 20km/hr, I think I am the only person in Tauranga to do so - I have been flashed by people who are presumably in so much of a hurry they care not whose child they kill. One day that might be my child, that's what I always think.

More
16 years 8 months ago #51844 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Gangs
Toni, that was a phrase I did type but decided to remove it, some people might not understand it means you are a super hero :D

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #51845 by reggit
Now I'm confused, Oskatd, I thought you were complaining about cops pinging people for 56kmh in a 50kmh area??? [:I]

Kate, has Geoff mended his ways? [}:)] I wish I'd had a chance to mend my ways after the first ticket (which I would have done) but they caught me two days in a row, so by the time I was made to feel guilty that was already $110 [:I] never mind, mea culpa and all that.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
16 years 8 months ago #51846 by Toni - Northland

Toni, that was a phrase I did type but decided to remove it, some people might not understand it means you are a super hero :D

Didn't realise you had removed anything.:D I think we are all confused. Just heard, the cop did not turn up at the underpass. Will find out more later.

To those who are holier than thou over these stupid speeding tickets. I am not advocating doing away with speeding tickets at all, that would be silly, but they need to prioitise things, especially where kids and public safety are concernced. I followed a car through the Dome Valley one day. It was a rust bucket with a panel hanging off it. There was also a child about 2 years old hanging out the passenger window. It was sitting on the knee of the passenger and hanging out the window. I rang star 555, this car had to drive past the local cop shop, there were several cars outside it when I went past and nobody went out and stopped that car.

More
16 years 8 months ago #51849 by Crusha
Replied by Crusha on topic Gangs
Lady Yank,

Those types of weapons are Restricted Weapons in New Zealand and are not able to be owned without a special licence that a person is very likely unable to get.

Police here are not soft on crime, just not enough of trhem to be everywhere at once and like or not some jobs have to be put down the list.

Toni, unfortunately, several cars outside a Police Station does not mean that anyone is actually in the Station or if they are that they are in a position to leave the station, for example processing or guarding prisoners can take up to two or three Police members at any one time, depending on the number and demeanour of the prisoners.

More
16 years 8 months ago #51856 by oskatd
Confused Tigger?? I wasn't complaining about the speeding tickets, merely noting that that is what the police around here appear to be doing - I haven't had a ticket in years... However I think schools are a little different from empty suburban environments where the only ones at risk are kamikaze cats. Ofcourse schools on the weekend or in the holidays are totally different too. I get really annoyed at people who can't drive the open road speed but then speed through town. I guess at the end of the day speeding is breaking the law, and we're all guilty at times!

More
16 years 8 months ago #51857 by reggit

quote:Originally posted by oskatd

I get really annoyed at people who can't drive the open road speed but then speed through town.

Me too! I seem to be encountering more and more folk who drive at 65-70kmh on the way out to our block (80kmh zone) but then keep that steady speed at either end (Matangi or Hamilton, both 50kmh) Maybe they figure they can argue that they are averaging it out so that is okay?? [}:)]

More
16 years 8 months ago #51864 by oskatd
If only everyone did it our way....[}:)]

More
16 years 8 months ago #51876 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Gangs
The parents and teachers running late in our school zones are THE worst offenders![:0]

More
16 years 8 months ago #52028 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Gangs
Lady Yank. We're allowed weapons here in NZ, I've carried a gun down the main street of town a couple of times.

Mind you, that was a small rural town with the gunshop/gunsmith on the main street, not Queen St Auckland or Lambdon Quay in Welly.

Toni... want to borrow my stock shock? I'm sure junior could take it to "show and tell" and woe betide the poor bullies on the way home :D something designed to make a bull jump would make a young teen bully jump all right :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds