Gangs

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #865 by Toni - Northland
Gangs was created by Toni - Northland
Had a phonecall from daughter this morning. She found out from another parent that the kids from the school are being bullied after school. We have an underpass that goes under the main road and apparently a lot of kids are now not using it, choosing to cross the dangerous road instead and this includes college kids. There is a gang operating in this underpass. They threathen the kids and spread rumours about them, telling other kids in town that they are gay, they wet the bed etc etc. Grandson vomited and was upset about going to school this morning. Daughter told the teacher who said, "Oh I will talk to the whole [xx(] These gang kids are kids of well known local crim families and one of their fathers is at this moment on the run from the cops. She told the teacher she didn't think that approach would work, they aren't going to listen to soft talk. The age of these kids????????? 12. One of the girls in the 'gang' is in grandsons class and bullies the kids in the classroom, in front of the teacher. I want to know what he is doing about it. I was in town this morning and saw one of the local plods in the street so bailed him up and told him that if I wasn't going to work this afternoon I would be in that underpass myself sorting these rats out. I said I have 5 grandkids that use that underpass and NOBODY, BUT NOBODY is going to mess with any of them without me doing something about it. Daughter is going to walk home with them today and keep an eye on things. The cop is also going to go down there and see what is what.

I can see what Louise is up against in some of her classes. How does it get to that stage at that early age.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51688 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Gangs
Too many people having kids when they didn't really really really want them and then not being committed to bringing them up right? [}:)]

Seriously, there are a couple of 'kiddie' gangs/groups that hang around in centre of town here late at night, even hubby and friends avoid them as they try to wind guys up and have a go at them, problem is even an adult doesn't stand a chance if 4-5 of these 'kids' have a go at once :(.

That is one of the reasons I really don't like underpasses, a chance for lowlives (not just kid gangs) to lurk around.

The teacher needs to land on those bullies like a ton of bricks. Doesn't the school have a no bullying policy???

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #51689 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Gangs

quote:Originally posted by tigger

Too many people having kids when they didn't really really really want them and then not being committed to bringing them up right? [}:)] HA HA Tigger. They want them allright, they provide an income.

Seriously, there are a couple of 'kiddie' gangs/groups that hang around in centre of town here late at night, even hubby and friends avoid them as they try to wind guys up and have a go at them, problem is even an adult doesn't stand a chance if 4-5 of these 'kids' have a go at once :(.

That is one of the reasons I really don't like underpasses, a chance for lowlives (not just kid gangs) to lurk around.

The teacher needs to land on those bullies like a ton of bricks. Doesn't the school have a no bullying policy???

Probably, but as usual I imagine they take a softly softly approach. If I catch them, they will wish it had been a ton of bricks that landed on them, I reckon I could do far more damage.:D It would be more like two tons of bricks.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51714 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Gangs
It is a very interesting concept, urban design for basically designing out crime, it goes without saying that underpasses are near the top of the list as a 'no-no'.

It's a shame our society is so PC about these things, unfortunately these kids seem to learn from a young age that the 'justice system' protects offenders and treats victims like criminals...

More
14 years 9 months ago #51717 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Gangs
Hubby got cornered by a female 'gang' of early teens in town one night demanding 'bus' money. I am guessing they thought he was on his own as they trying to use 'helpless young girl' act. They took off when I came round the corner. He said he felt quite uncomfortable - not physically threatened but what is they tried to say he did or said something he shouldn't?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 9 months ago #51721 by reggit
I don't trust anyone who travels in packs [}:)] no matter what their age.

Have the bullies been physical Toni or is it limited to saying stuff to scare the other kids so far?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #51793 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Gangs

quote:Originally posted by tigger

I don't trust anyone who travels in packs [}:)] no matter what their age.

Have the bullies been physical Toni or is it limited to saying stuff to scare the other kids so far?

I'm not sure, I haven't spoken to daughter since this morning as I have been at work and just got home, but it sounds like they are really really intimidating, as even the 3rd formers are scared of them. I want to find out more. Other daughter said they are from the same Whanau that that pondscum pinched her bag out of her car while she was watching.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51801 by lady yank
Replied by lady yank on topic Gangs
Not having been to NZ I can't give any advice, but aren't you allowed to carry items to protect yourselves? Are the police slow to respond or reluctant to go on calls such as these?

Don't make me release the flying monkeys!

More
14 years 9 months ago #51802 by oskatd
No, not allowed to carry guns here, lady yank, hence the lack of high school masacres going on.... even our police aren't armed (yet). the police are too busy catching people driving 56km/hr in a 50km zone to be bothered about school bullies......

More
14 years 9 months ago #51808 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Gangs
Toni, I have this picture in my mind of you standing at the end of the darkened underpass, a light breeze blowing through .... billowing your supercape as the light comes from behind you.......... hands on hips daring any child to do wrong.
Oh, I wish I could draw [}:)] [:X]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
14 years 9 months ago #51811 by reggit
Sounds like the parents with support of community constables and school need to start doing after school patrols around there as a start :(. Otherwise everyone is working in isolation with no strength in numbers as far as mandate goes...first step call a meeting of concerned parents? There are probably plenty who have no idea what is going on, I know when I was a kid 'snitching' was the worst crime.

PS we were also told to ignore the bullying, what a crock that is! Spoken as one who suffered it for several years at primary and secondary school, turning the other cheek can wreck what little confidence you start out with :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #51822 by lady yank
We're not allowed to carry concealed weapons here either. We can, however, purchase weapons and keep them in our homes. When I asked about items of protection I was referring to pepper spray, tazer, stun gun, etc. Contrary to what you may have heard, not all of us carry guns. (If I knew how, I would put a little smiley face here) Do you not have neighborhood watch? If the police are unwilling to intervene, why are they still working? Just wondering.....

More
14 years 9 months ago #51828 by oskatd
LY, the police trialled tazers for a while, but apparently they are too mean to the poor criminal [:0] so they aren't used any more. If some kid sprayed another kid with pepper spray or something, they'd be in deep do-do. It's all around the wrong way, our supposed justice system.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51830 by lady yank
Oskatd, it sounds like the police are soft on crime. Where are the rights of the victims? When a gang of teens surround a person demanding money, even if it is aggressive panhandling, it is a crime. To extort money thru fear or intimidation is illegal.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51832 by reggit
Who knows, Toni's rev-up of the town cop might have been the first complaint they had had. Problem is, any kids under 16 over here seem to get away with blue murder - 'family group conferences' :( - which assume that the parents actually give a toss what their kids are up to.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds