9/11 Lest we forget Special link added!!!!

• maggies mum
14 years 9 months ago #850 by maggies mum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51282 by jeannielea
Did you see that very interesting documentary on Sat Night. I think it was on ch 1 and was about that photo with the body falling down the outside of one of the towers and the photographer's efforts to find out who it was Made us realise there is still so many stories to be told.

• maggies mum
14 years 9 months ago #51283 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic 9/11 Lest we forget Special link added!!!!
We had a friend there at the time, he was in one of the other buildings surrounding the towers.

He said he saw people falling all around him as they evacuated!

It must have been so bloody awful for them all.

I didn't see the show.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51286 by Louimay
I saw that documentary. Very sad and horrific. What must of been going through those poor people's minds as they were jumping.

Here's a sobering link;

http://www.september11victims.com/september11victims/victims_list.htm

May they all rest in peace

More
14 years 9 months ago #51292 by oskatd
Terrible, and that list is very sobering....

Now do we all remember what we were doing when we heard the news??

• maggies mum
14 years 9 months ago #51297 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic 9/11 Lest we forget Special link added!!!!
I'd just pick Mini-D up from school BD was home and he came out and said a friend had rang up to say the twins towers had been blown up and that our friend was there.

I wondered what he was on about, I'd never even heard of the twins towers!

At least I wasn't on the loo like I was when I heard about Diana!

• chooky
14 years 9 months ago #51299 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic 9/11 Lest we forget Special link added!!!!
Our son came and woke us up to tell us - he was in a job that had an early start and had put on the TV while getting ready - I was glued to the TV all day and have kept quite a file of newspaper clippings from the papers in the following days.

P.S also today marks the first anniversary of when we said goodbye to our beloved lab. Casey .:(:(

More
14 years 9 months ago #51300 by Dream Weaver
That day will stick in the minds of so many for years to come. It was just so sad and unbelievable. The human race.......my how destructive can we be. RIP

More
14 years 9 months ago #51307 by Louimay
I was getting ready for work and my MIL rang and told me to turn on the telly. I was late for work that day and so was everyone else I worked with.

The TV coverage that has affected me the most was a documentary that was shown a while after the event with two guys who were doing a documentary on a NYFD unit and they got caught up in the rescue and also the collapse of the towers. I can't remember what it was called.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51308 by reggit
I know the one you mean, Louimay, it's just called '9/11', they were French brothers who got separated through it all, each thought the other had been killed. They were there doing a doco on the fire precinct team and just kept the cameras rolling, amazing stuff...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #51310 by lady yank
I am sure that tomorrow will be a day of reflection for many. (It is only September 10 for us.) I was making breakfast and packing lunches for my family when a friend told us to turn on the tv. We watched in horror as every tv station provided live coverage of the tragedy. In addition to the twin towers in flames, we were inundated with the additional images of the Pentagon attack and the crash of United Flight 93. When I thought things couldn't get any worse, the towers collapsed. Words fail me when I try to describe the horror of watching it. It was a dark time for our country.

Don't make me release the flying monkeys!

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #51312 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic 9/11 Lest we forget Special link added!!!!
I don't sleep well and I have the ear phone thingy under my pillow. I woke up and they were talking about it. I turned on the telly and thought, well it is only a re run of The Towering Inferno, what's the big deal. THEN, I saw the second plane go in. Wow, I sat up all night and watched it for days after. I just could not believe what I had seen. It was horrible. That must have been after midnight sometime. I saw that programme the other night. It was called The Falling Man. They wanted to keep quiet about the ones that fell, jumped or were blown out and only published that photo the once.

More
14 years 9 months ago #51313 by oskatd
I was working in London - my OH sent me an email saying about the first plane, didn't believe him until another friend also sent email, then went onto web to check it out, ended up on CNN watching the whole thing.... Went on all evening when I got home too, we just couldn't believe that such a huge operation had been orchestrated without the yanks knowing a thing!

More
14 years 9 months ago #51315 by reggit

quote:Originally posted by Toni - Northland

They wanted to keep quiet about the ones that fell, jumped or were blown out and only published that photo the once.

My understanding was that they stopped using that footage for news etc out of respect for the families...some people were identifiable from the photos, must have been hideous for their families to see that on TV...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #51376 by The Kats Place
9/11 was my daughters 30 birthday. She was saying yesturday she feels like she lost something too. Ever 9/11 is so filled with sadness she feels guilty celebrating. Then she feels bad because losing the shine of her birthday is nothing to what so many others lost.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds