Ipod

More
15 years 6 months ago #7887 by Wirimu
Ipod was created by Wirimu
I have managed to download podcasts onto it but I was trying to download a podcast from Radio NZ's country life - but it will not load onto my Ipod. I noticed that the podcasts that do download have a black dot to the left of them. The ones I cannot download do not have the black dot. Does anyone know a way around this please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #131471 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Ipod
Hi,

I don't have an iPod, nor do I listen to podcasts, but anyway I feel suitably qualified to comment on this post, so here goes.

What I have found, via Google, is this snippet, which might be relevant:

quote:
Play it again (and again)

Once an episode is finished downloading, a blue dot appears to the left of the podcast, indicating that it has not yet been played. As soon as you begin to play the podcast, the blue dot disappears. When the blue dot disappears, it’s a reminder that the episode will be automatically removed from your iPod the next time you sync it with your computer. If you want to make sure the episode stays on your iPod, right-click it and choose “mark as unread”.

This was found at www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststips.html

From what you are saying I am guessing that the ones that won't play are not fully downloaded yet. Maybe there was a problem with downloading the file, or maybe you disconnected before the download was complete. When the download is complete, a dot appears (indicating that the download is ready but you haven't listened to it yet). When you have listened to it the dot disappears.

Hope this helps, or at least sets you on the path to finding the answer. Google is your friend.

A

More
15 years 6 months ago #131750 by Wirimu
Replied by Wirimu on topic Ipod
hello Ame, thank you - I will give it a go!

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds