Livestock recordkeeping

More
17 years 4 months ago #7243 by Hintzashouse
Can anyone recommend a good template to download (free if poss) for using to keep track of the sheep and their ancestry and yearly events recording? I'm just using a spreadsheet at the moment and its turning into a bit of a hotchpotch.Thanks HH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #126473 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Livestock recordkeeping
Cant offer anything but a search for 'stock template' might turn up something. Are you any good at Access? A database might be the way to go. Try ATTRA its a US uni site which has some good things.
Here's one. I havent looked at it coz my puter is too slow.
www.agritecsoft.com/en/news.php#0306
Or this?
www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=sp...d+keeping%22&spell=1

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
17 years 3 months ago #126579 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Livestock recordkeeping
I use Excel for all our cows and their pedigrees. If you would like a copy email me and i will froward yo a copy.

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
17 years 3 months ago #126963 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Livestock recordkeeping
I have just been down this track as we have been breeding Dorpers for 4 years and I found an excellent one on www.sheep101.info/201/recordkeeping.html
I tried several others but found them unsatisfactory, and we have now just updated our records to this new one. It seems to cover most of the areas that are important. Let me know if the link doesn't work, my email should be on my profile. I think the "kiss" keep it simple.... is the best way for a system, and as we don't have a computer at the sheep yards paper records should suffice. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds