LSB swap/holiday

More
14 years 10 months ago #704 by RKH
LSB swap/holiday was created by RKH
Hi all. My husband, son (actually we're not sure if he'll be joining us at this stage) and I are looking into having our Christmas holidays in the North Island this year and have been tossing around ideas on where to stay/camp on our travels. We would like to spend 3 weeks or so tripping around to have a wee look at lots of different places (I used to live up there but husband hasn't spent a lot of time). One thought we had was to put the idea out there (to anyone who might be interested) about catching up with other LSBers, maybe camping out (wouldn't want to intrude on anyone's space) on a lawn here and there. I understand that some may not be keen on this at all and respect that fully, so I'm putting it out there for those who might be. We would also like to bring our beautiful, well trained labrador with us (who obviously is from LSB so used to respecting paddock fences/stock etc).

One other option we thought of was maybe an LSB swap for anyone who might be interested in coming to Dunedin and staying on a lovely coastal 5 acre block with amazing views of the ocean and native bush (I'm really trying to sell this idea now......).

Anyway, just a thought at this stage, would be great to hear back from anyone interested in my idea and of course the same applies in reverse to anyone coming down here and needs a place to stay!

I should add that we are perfectly "normal," respectful people with no criminal record!!!!

Arapawa Island Sheep, 2 dogs, 2 cats, one huge Kunekune, 4 tiny Kunekune's and some cool chickens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #49317 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic LSB swap/holiday
You had me all keen there until you mentioned the dog. Oh, then you said "normal". [}:)] We don't do "normal". :D

More
14 years 10 months ago #49318 by kate
Replied by kate on topic LSB swap/holiday
Hi RKH

We usually have a couple of beds to spare, are in the central NI and have wonderful views on a good day. As long as your dog can cope with our four cats you are all welcome to stop here :D:D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
14 years 10 months ago #49319 by kate

quote:Originally posted by Isla

We don't do "normal". :D

You've stayed with us...are you implying anything? Bearing in mind that Geoff is a male triplet with two female triplet sisters maybe I need to think about that ;)[}:)] :p

Web Goddess

More
14 years 10 months ago #49320 by RKH
Replied by RKH on topic LSB swap/holiday
Thank you so much for the offer Kate, will be in touch! Where is Te Miro? Will check my map.....

My dog is scared of cats, the big whimp.....check out the photo of him in this weeks comp with our lamb (he's mildly wary of him too, just quietly), he's a big softie.

Oh and thanks Isla, we're probably only as normal as you guys though ;)

As I said would "like" to take the dog if possible, but we have plenty of babysitters here if not, just want to put the feelers out though, if lots say "yes, sounds great except for the dog," we may rethink bringing him.

Arapawa Island Sheep, 2 dogs, 2 cats, one huge Kunekune, 4 tiny Kunekune's and some cool chickens.

More
14 years 10 months ago #49321 by kate
Te Miro is just outside Cambridge - about 40 mins south of Hamilton...

Web Goddess

More
14 years 10 months ago #49327 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic LSB swap/holiday

quote:Originally posted by Kate

You've stayed with us...are you implying anything? Bearing in mind that Geoff is a male triplet with two [?] female triplet sisters maybe I need to think about that ;)[}:)] :p

What can I say?

quote:Originally posted by RKH

Oh and thanks Isla, we're probably only as normal as you guys though ;)

Really? Excellent! You may reserve the right to revise that if you meet us. :D We may have to devise some sort of test at the gate ... [}:)]

More
14 years 10 months ago #49335 by Althea from Middelmost
You would be most welcome at Middelmost. I'm away most of the time and if you mowed the lawn for me and checked the two sheep had their legs going the right way and topped up their water and fed the stray cats who keep the rats at bay etc, it would save me a trip home.
Middelmost is a nice hop from the Ferry if you are travelling up to Kates and is a couple of minutes from Highway #1. Lab would be no problem.
Cheers
Althea
P.S. I intend doing a South Island tour sometime (maybe in the next 10 years!) and I would love to stay or look after your place for a few days as I explored parts of the country I haven't yet been to.:)

More
14 years 10 months ago #49342 by RKH
That's a fantastic offer too Althea, thank you. Will put you on my list as well. Of course you are welcome to come and stay with us as well, plenty of spare beds here!

More
14 years 10 months ago #49343 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic LSB swap/holiday

quote:Originally posted by Kate

Te Miro is just outside Cambridge - about 40 mins south of Hamilton...

Just follow the electricity pylons (sorry Kate)

More
14 years 10 months ago #49360 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic LSB swap/holiday
You'd be more than welcome here - dog and all. I am close to Kate though, but you could stay in the house or camp beside a lovely river and walk all over the neighbours farms. We are close to Waitomo Caves.
Just south of Te Awamutu, area called Parawera. If you travel up the Western Bays road from Taupo, you go past our gate.

• maggies mum
14 years 10 months ago #49367 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic LSB swap/holiday
If we're all settled in our new place, we'll have a self contained 3 bed flat you're welcome to stay in. Dog welcome. But did ya mention kids!!! lol only joking!

Mind you we're Hamilton too, well Whatawhata really on the road out to Raglan and a bit off the beaten track but if ya want some peace......

More
14 years 10 months ago #49368 by RKH
Thanks Anne and MM, that all sounds great....off the beaten track sounds fantastic, we're not real "city people" (well my husband might argue that I can be if there's shopping involved). Would love to see Waitomo Caves too Anne, so that could definitely work! I also hear that Raglan has a great beach, I've never been there (I don't think).

So far it sounds like we can make our way up from (or back to) the ferry quite nicely with not too much travelling in between stops, we are hopefully going to stay with family in Tauranga for a few days as well, (must make that phone call). How far is Tauranga from the Hamilton area time-wise?

I guess I can e-mail you all closer to the time via your profiles?

Thanks again everyone!

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds