Error message DVD player

• swaggie
15 years 8 months ago #6912 by swaggie
Error message DVD player was created by swaggie
Last week I had fitted to my pc a DVD rom player for daughter's SIMS2 game. I am getting the error message "ialmrnt5 display driver shut down...." after the initial pages of SIMS2 run through. The screen and icons change in appearance substantially and I have to restart the computer to get it back to normal.

I have emailed the DVD supplier/fitter who has yet to reply..

However I have reinstalled the software for both the DVD player and SIMS2, no change, but successfully played a Harry Potter DVD on it yesterday. I noticed that with the HP DVD, it gave me a choice of zones and which programme I wanted to use to play the Disc, which it doesn't when I play SIMS2.

I suspect that it is a problem with the SIMS2 disc, but know it is ok on a friends PC in Sydney. The disc was bought o/s...

Does anyone know what this error message means? Is it me again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #118795 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Error message DVD player
Google is your friend. In this (and generally all cases) just Google for the error message and you will see a bunch of hits on a) People reporting the same problem and b) suggestions for resolving it.

I suggest you do the same. Presuming that you have an Intel graphics card then the solution appears to be to download an updated driver for the card from Intel's site.

Good luck.

More
15 years 8 months ago #118936 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Error message DVD player
Thanks Ame will try it.

More
15 years 8 months ago #119123 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Error message DVD player

quote:Originally posted by ame

Google is your friend. In this (and generally all cases) just Google for the error message and you will see a bunch of hits on a) People reporting the same problem and b) suggestions for resolving it.

I suggest you do the same. Presuming that you have an Intel graphics card then the solution appears to be to download an updated driver for the card from Intel's site.

Good luck.

I picked up an update from Intel's site, which is working fine for the SIMS2 game. From what I read from some of the sites dedicated to this error message, it is so common with SIMS2 and another game.

Many thanks for your suggestion Ame as the computer shop where I bought the DVD player from suggested I buy a new video card for the computer.... didn't say anything about free updates from Intel doing the trick.

More
15 years 8 months ago #119149 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Error message DVD player

quote:Originally posted by swaggie

Many thanks for your suggestion Ame as the computer shop where I bought the DVD player from suggested I buy a new video card for the computer.... didn't say anything about free updates from Intel doing the trick.

Funny, that.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds