It's just not fair

More
14 years 11 months ago #647 by Maddy
It's just not fair was created by Maddy
My daughter's friend has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, and cannot be operated on here in NZ. There is a surgeon who could perform the operation in Aussie....at a cost of about $AUS75 000.00.
She is only 18 years old. I have shed a lot of tears over her. It is just not fair.
Maddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
14 years 11 months ago #48469 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic It's just not fair
Aww Maddy life can be very cruel at times can't it! It's not the girl who was on the news last night was it?

All I can say is weep the tears in private and be strong for those who need you to be. It's going to be a rocky road ahead, thinking of you.

More
14 years 11 months ago #48470 by Maddy
Replied by Maddy on topic It's just not fair
I haven't seen the news for a week.....bloomin afternoon shift at work....but she was in the Waikato Times on Friday or Saturday.
I haven't seen her parents for a year or so, but I understand they have even sold their home to try and raise the money. Well, you would wouldn't you.
Maddy

• maggies mum
14 years 11 months ago #48477 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic It's just not fair
Ah that's it! That's where I saw her, just couldn't remember where.

Lets hope they can raise enough funds to get her there, and yes you would do anything to try and save your kids!

More
14 years 11 months ago #48493 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic It's just not fair
They do marvellous things these days with surgery and post operative care. I do hope that all works out and they can raise the funds.

Is there a reason why it has to be paid upfront? Are they able to dissect the costs given and work out ways/repayments around it? My understanding was that NZ and Aussie had recipical arrangements re health care.... or is that only for when visiting the other country?

More
14 years 11 months ago #48494 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic It's just not fair
There is not much one can say which can reduce the distress of this sort of thing. I go all philosophical and unhelpful when pondering mortal illness - it is not my original thought, but most people think "why me (or her, in this case)?"; but really, why not? Life unfortunately doesn't come with a fairness guarantee! There are many dreadful things which are happening to others around, and further away from, us all the time and fortunately for us, most of the time it isn't actually us to whom it happens. Doesn't mean it won't tomorrow.

My best friend died of a brain tumour when we were both 29. My sister's best friend had one and didn't, at 19. I don't have one. It's luck, not fairness.

Get her on Closeup and someone will send the money. I have no idea why, but apparently they do.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 11 months ago #48496 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic It's just not fair
We have a 5 year old in our town, a grandaughter of a drama club member who is being operated on today. It will only buy her a bit more time and won't be cured. The community is gutted.

More
14 years 11 months ago #48497 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic It's just not fair
So sad. Hopefully the more the news gets around the more will help with donations etc. You just have to hold on to the hope that miracles do happen.
Tnoi, hope that the operation on that wee girl goes well and with whatever time she has left, it is good quality time with alot of happiness for her.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds