More pc advice needed please

More
14 years 11 months ago #591 by Midge
I want to uninstall IE7 and go back to using IE6 again and would appreciate some guidance on how to do this without buggering up the whole system.

I had a squizz in "currently installed programmes and updates" and do not see IE6 listed there. Maybe I deleted it when we installed the new IE7.

Will I need to go to Microsofts website and download IE6 again?

Any advice would be very much appreciated as always:)
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #47447 by Kiwi303
when you install IE7 over IE6 it automatically changes things over and deletes what it doesn't reuse or update.

You'll have to Download IE6, and then delete IE7 and re-install IE7, which is likely to leave a few messy tail ends of IE7 instructions in odd corners of the OS

Easier to just get Firefox and use that, it's smaller, faster, does everything IE does and is more userfriendly an intuitive.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 11 months ago #47453 by Midge
Replied by Midge on topic More pc advice needed please
Thanks 303:)

Amazingly enough I found good step by step instructions on Microsofts website and have changed it back without any problems.

That blimmin IE7 was the culprit for buggering up my Windows Picture and Fax Viewer programme. I am pleased to say all is well with that programme now too.

Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
14 years 11 months ago #47475 by grannie Mary
Kiwi303, I have firefox & like it, but how do I get the shortcut to desktop to work like it did on IE

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
14 years 11 months ago #47479 by Kiwi303
by shortcut to desktop, do you mean the icon on the dsktop you click on to make it start up? or a shortcut you click on to make the destop visible and everything minimised to the task bar?

If the desktop icon shortcut to open firefox is what you mean, minimise everything so the desktop is visible, open the start menu, find the Firefox icon and click on it holding the mouse button down, drag it off the menu and onto the desktop and release the button, Viola a firefox shortcut on the desktop.

hope this helps.

More
14 years 11 months ago #47504 by grannie Mary
No!! What I want is when I want to save a website I am viewing -say Lifestleblock & I want to put it on my desktop for fasy easy access

Mary

More
14 years 11 months ago #47507 by wyseyes
GM. that's easy. Listen closely, I vill say ziss only vunce.

Rearrange your screen so you can see both firefox and the desktop
Now look at the address bar (where you'll see www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/ ...), and just to the left of the 'http' there is a little file icon. Drag that to the desktop, it should make you a bookmark for the page you are reading.
Don't fill up the desktop with every bookmark.

Kate, we need to change that little file icon (favicon) to the LSB favicon. I made one a while back, did the email get lost?

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 11 months ago #47514 by Kiwi303
Ah, I prefer to save them to the toolbar. click on bookmarks, then on bookmark this page, and select "bookmarks toolbar folder" it then is saved to the little bar below the address bar.

I catually have Your Place as my default homepage.

More
14 years 11 months ago #47516 by wyseyes
Kiwi, no need to do the bookmarks menu thing, just grab that favicon and drag it to the wanted place on the buttonbar.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 11 months ago #47550 by grannie Mary
wyseyes, tank vo vat vis magic.
Next prob, easily sorted on my laptop but I cant get the pages on my PC to shrink, somehow they have got too big for the double ended arrow to catch them, I can only reduce them to toolbar, can you help withthat one.

Mary

More
14 years 11 months ago #47551 by wyseyes
You'll need to explain a little more about "getting pages to shrink". What does that mean? changing text size, screen resolution, maximising? Minimising?

More
14 years 11 months ago #47553 by grannie Mary
when the page is open it fills the entire screen & I cant reduce it down to a smaller size that suits me, only to toolbar, I guess what I want is minimising so it uses 1/2 the desktop so I can see both firefox & the desktop

Mary

More
14 years 11 months ago #47560 by Kiwi303
top right of the screen when they are open is 3 little buttons two blue one red, one with a little ****e bar in the bottom, one with two boxes, and one with a cross, click on the one with 2 boxes superimposed and that will unlock the window from full screen so you can use the bottom right of the window to resize them and the top blue bar to move them. when finished with moving them around click on the same box, which should then be showing a sigle box, to return to full screen.

More
14 years 11 months ago #47561 by grannie Mary
thankyou sooooo simple WHEN you know how

Mary

More
14 years 11 months ago #47562 by kate
Replied by kate on topic More pc advice needed please
Wyseyes - I replied to the favicon email...did you not get it? I'll resend now...

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds