End of an era! Wot a week...

More
15 years 6 days ago #560 by reggit
What a strange week it's been. Got back from a trip to Takaka (brrrr!) to find a funeral to attend, a stomach bug to deal with, and...15 years of one contract finishing up today. Such changes!

We packed up the office (not the home office) today, did the big bonfire thing, and from this point on I am only 20 hours a week until more work rolls in - which it is already starting to do (phew!) - but seems strange to not have that particular block of work to be doing any more.

'Farewell' drinkies tonight with my colleagues and then tomorrow is the start of life as it continues!

Must catch up on this site too, you lot have been busy in my absence! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 days ago #47002 by The Kats Place
One door closes and another one opens - enjoy the lesser hours while it lasts!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 6 days ago #47004 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic End of an era! Wot a week...
Yes, I imagine I will get a few months grace and that is it...pity the weather is not nicer for gardening!

My intention is to get stuck in to a belated spring clean and clear out of the house (hah!) as a start unless something more interesting catches the attention (figure the odds!). Might have to come and see you for a cuppa, KP, to see how this relaxation bizzo is done! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 6 days ago #47013 by witheze
End of 15 year eras are quite emotional tho aren't they,? Hope the future has some good contracts too.

More
15 years 6 days ago #47014 by kate
Replied by kate on topic End of an era! Wot a week...
If you run out of house to clean you're always welcome here ;)

It must feel strange after 15 years but I agree that you should enjoy the time while you've got it before the next big project takes over!

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 6 days ago #47024 by Dream Weaver
You read my mind Kate. Ha ha Tigger we could keep you so busy in the spring cleaning.
Rest, enjoy any time you have to yourself be it to catch up with old friends, read books or just to relax and smell the flowers. Enjoy whatever the days bring.

More
15 years 5 days ago #47049 by hilldweller
So is your fencing all done then? Congratulations! I can't even imagine the day when I feel this place is fully fenced :(

And from one self-employed bod to another, enjoy the downtime while it lasts! HOw far off is your lambing (sorry I know you've answered this before but I can't remember)?

hilldweller

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds