Inger, your red burmese!

More
15 years 1 week ago #532 by witheze
Could you describe him and perhaps post a photo. About eight years ago I brought a ginger half grown cat home from work. There had been a fire alarm and three engines rushed up and the cat had rushed up the tree outside my window. When it all quietened down[no fire, never is, just nurses burning toast,]the security guard tried to call him down but in the end he came down when I called him, it's so busy I locked him in the toilet all day, he just slept happily, and I took him home that night. Noone advertised for him so I kept him. Why I'm asking about red burmans, he is just so different from all my other cats, always talking, loved hunting and wandering in his younger days and could fish out food from everywhere! I called him my Naples alley cat, but someone told me he looked Red Burmese. I have NO idea what a Red Burmese looks like!!!!! I will post a photo, do they look tabbyish? Don't want to put a photo of a plain ginger tabby and make all you pedigree cat people laugh [:I]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #46603 by clover
Replied by clover on topic Inger, your red burmese!
Obviously I'm not Inger, but we do have red burmese so might be able to help :-) Red burmese don't look generally tabby, apart from very slight striping around the forehead. Colour is more an all over shade like a reddish amber. Most people have to look twice to see the difference between our red girl & our cream burmese (he's the colour of baileys irish liqueur)she's similar colour but with redder tint. Body type will be either sleek & muscular, or more slinky siemese type depending on whether cat is british or US bloodlines.

More
15 years 1 week ago #46653 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Inger, your red burmese!
This is he Might he have some purple blood?

More
15 years 1 week ago #46669 by Birman Babe
No, sorry, I dont think he has any purple blood !

Here's a link to a pic of a red burmese (hope it works)
home.alphalink.com.au/~petadi/breed/scarlet1.jpg

More
15 years 1 week ago #46681 by witheze
Thanks for that BB and clover, I had never considered what he was until visiting someone's house recently and being shown one that was supposedly red burmese, but it had a striped body like my cat, it may have only been 1/2 !

More
15 years 6 days ago #46747 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic Inger, your red burmese!
never mind about the % of blue blood (or not !)
He's a beautiful cat
(have a soft spot for ginger cats)
cheers sandy

More
15 years 6 days ago #46755 by witheze
Thanks, :) Very affectionate cat too, but he rules the roost,he's the boss of six!

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds