What to name a new dog? (b-tch)

More
9 months 1 week ago #556113 by Hestia
I have a old dog named Aroha.
It is so easy to call her, she listens to Rrrrrrrr, I never whistle her in, I RRRRrrr her :)

Now I have been looking to get a another dog of same breed.
Corona has made it really hard to buy dogs of that breed in northern scandinavia.
People that normally work in offices and now work from home are buying dogs, small ones, and those has skye rocketed in prices!
But strange thing is that the larger breeds, like my dog, hardly none at all. People are buying small breeds now.
I have spoken with well known breeders of the same as my old girl but they are getting retired and stay away from people during this corona thing and has put everything on ice.
(Wonder what will happen to all those small dogs when their owners go back to work when this Corona thing will be over and gone,,I so hope, so tired of it.

Anyhow, I have now found a litter with same breed as my old dog but it is like 8 hrs drive from where I live.
I have seen the pups on photos and videos and decided to buy a puppy b-tch and I have put a down payment on her.
Rest to be paid on delivery.
(hope it is serious people, have googled them back and forwards to see if they are real people and no scammers)
(it is a lot of scam things going on at the moment)
If I have a new puppy delivered within 3-4 weeks,, what do I call her?
I would so like a maori or NZ name,,but nothing with a RRrrr in it since that triggers my old dog to come.
We joke about that if you farrrrrrt loud then she comes running and says: you call my name! ha ha ha ha

Do you have any names you can share with me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #556114 by Hestia
Are there any maori words that starts with S??
Trying to stay away from RR so I don't call both dogs at same time :)

More
9 months 1 week ago #556117 by LongRidge
Hi Hestia. I don't think that the Maori language has the "s" sound in it, so no s-es. What about Kiwi or Tui or Weka?

More
9 months 1 week ago #556118 by Stikkibeek
No to "S". There is not any s's in the maori language.
How about a bird name such as Kea (mountain parrot) Tui, (loosely translated as lace, but also referred to as Parson bird due to the white feathers at neck) probably the best two words as dog names need to be short.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 months 1 week ago #556120 by Hestia
Kea,

those mischief birds :)

Misschief??

More
9 months 1 week ago #556121 by Hestia
Those names are so short,,I think when I named my other dog Aroha it was the best of dog names I have ever had :)
Before that it was just Buster and Kitty,,actually several times ha ha ha

I have gone thru all bird names I can find..
Morepork is a name I really like but it would be too close to ARRRoha,,MoRRepoRRRk :)

remembering sitting out on the deck in the dark with a glas of amarulla listenening to the morepork...

More
9 months 1 week ago #556122 by Stikkibeek
Maori name for one of NZ owls or "morepork" is Ruru, so even worse as too close to your rrr sound. Aroha by the way means Love. My mother had Aroha for her second name.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 months 1 week ago #556123 by Hestia
Aroha, 952 m, saw the mountain and the antenna from my deck.
When my husbnad was alive we used to go up to Te Aroha for a spa bath,,sometimes Opla springs

More
9 months 1 week ago #556124 by jeannielea
What about Mihi meaning thanks? At the end of a conversation its usually 'nga mihi' or loosely translated 'kind regards'.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds