funding contribution request

More
1 year 8 months ago #552984 by max2
Has anyone gone through a funding application process via a consultant? We were advised a month ago we have been approved for one, but have not viewed the supporting documents or quotes that made up the application.

All providers are known and associated business-wise with the consultant and we were recently told the funding falls short by a considerable amount and extra financial contribution will be needed from us.

Do we have a right to see the funding application documents and individual business quotes? In the least, we would like to have the opportunity to give our regular contractors an opportunity to quote for the work if the other quotes are excessive.

Please feel free to private message me if you would prefer, I can understand caution in wanting to speak candidly on the subject in public).

thank you .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #553016 by To Do List
You can ignore this as a comment only because I have no idea about your subject ?
But from what you've said - "You've been approved ... Consultant ... documents you've never seen ... Send us money".
This is the same line Readers Digest use in their scams ! Sounds dodgey to me? If I got that I'd be binning it or calling my lawyer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

More
1 year 8 months ago #553017 by Stikkibeek
Sounds dodgy to me too, especially as they are asking for money. There's some very clever scams out there at present. Got one the other day that looked just like an email from NZTA for a rego renewel. There was something a little strange about the email address, otherwise an exact copy/colour of NZTA's home page. I sent it off to scam support as listed on NZTA's real page and got an instant reply that they had forwarded to cybersafe and police and thanking me for the report and a promise to have the scammers shut down..

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

More
1 year 8 months ago #553018 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic funding contribution request
Thank you both. Sorry I was vague wasn't I!

It's in regards to wetland planting and funding. It was something our environment planner had gone after, legit funding process, similar to the 1 billion tree programme...

since posting, I have been given access to the quotes that make up the application which is a big move forward and I was able to highlight a couple of areas that need further explanation from the provider and where I think savings could be made, bringing the project back under the funding limit. So progress has been made!

Thank you again.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds