Cloud storage

More
2 years 6 months ago #549162 by ibis
Cloud storage was created by ibis
No not those clouds B) Looking at a secure way to store my photos and was wondering if anyone had any sugesstions. Have done a google search but it is all a bit overwhelming.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #549165 by malcolm C 69
Replied by malcolm C 69 on topic Cloud storage
Hi Buy a portable hard drive or two , hook it up to PC when you want to load more info on it ..
If you have a smart TV you can hook it up to view your photos or movies as well ..

Or burn your photos onto a CD using your cd rom in computer ... . . Or DVD for more storage

Most CD roms today will burn DVD's ...

a computer cd is about 700mb a dvd one is 4.7Gb .. . . If you dont seal it you can add to it whenever you want ..

Never use the cloud as you never know when the wind will come up and cloud will be gone ,,

Seagate make the best Hard Drives

If you want to make your own DVD's freeware program called "DVDStyler" I have found to be the best

Cheers

More
2 years 6 months ago #549166 by ibis
Replied by ibis on topic Cloud storage
Thanks, Yes never know when a storm might blow up. I use an external hard drive now but that is stored in the house. Looking at protecting photos from fire etc.

More
2 years 6 months ago #549267 by Baroque
Replied by Baroque on topic Cloud storage
I use a free Dropbox account for photos, our Association studbook files and other info that needs to be backed up. I also backup these onto USB stick and portable HD. And on the work server in my personal directory.

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds