Dreams deferred amount to a sheer waste of talent

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #470 by reggit
I read this today in the Weekend Herald - one of the best opinion pieces I have read for a long time, and I think well worth passing on, for motivation/inspiration as much as anything...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/466/story.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=10443194

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #45957 by Ypuk
But what about the wife's dream?

For 38 years, I, too sanctioned a man's dream. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the ride.... of course I did! But my dreams somehow got lost along the way. It was not until after my beloved husband died that I even THOUGHT about my own dreams, and it took about 8 years to find out what they were!

Now, I'm a moderately successful (locally, anyway) artist, 13 years on. I make just enough to live on, but I need another life to explore the artistic ideas I have! Richard Ford is right.... sanctioning someone else's dream costs your life!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #45963 by reggit
Good point, Ypuk...I suppose we read it from our own context. In my case, I've been lucky enough to have a hubby who has supported my dreams and vice versa. It doesn't have to be a either or situation, but as you say, sometimes unfortunately it ends up that way.

The bigger point I was wanting to emphasise is that folk should follow their dreams. But as you say, it can't be at the expense of someone else.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds