organic, pasture-raised chicken

More
5 years 2 months ago #545140 by weronika
Hi all,

I have not eaten meat apart from fish for 14 years. I suffer of allergies and came across diet that includes chicken soups and broth to help me heal the gut. It is very hard for me to make this transition, but is there anyone here that has a small farm, and treats his chicken well, and feeds it well, without the antibiotics, so I could possibly buy whole chicken from you to begin the healing process? I live in Wellington, I am ok to drive to pick it up of course.
I am pregnant and believe in organic food, so am only looking for that kind of food in general.

Many thanks,
Weronika

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #545152 by Nora
Westwood organics sell their chickens in Wellington at the following shops
Commonsense Organics Wellington – 260 Wakefield St, Wellington
Commonsense Organics Lower Hutt – 37 Waterloo Rd, Lower Hutt.
Commonsense Organics Kilbirnie – 7 Bay Rd

There are probably others if you look on the internet under organic pasture raised chickens.

More
5 years 2 months ago #545162 by muri
I would go with Bostocks, certified organic. They were on Country calendar last year

More
5 years 2 months ago #545171 by Tui Ridge
Agree with Bostocks - pasture raised, organic chicken

I'm on a couple of FB groups to do with 'Real Food' and healing with diet / natural and Bostocks is the chicken of choice - the guys running it (family owned) are really good guys and open and honest also.

Me and hubby and 2 boys, Alpacas, Arapawa sheep, Lowline cattle, lots and lots of chooks and ducks ;)

More
5 years 2 months ago #545172 by John M
moreish.co.nz/

These guys are local to me, but ship all over NZ. Excellent service and quality meats!

Breeding black Wiltshire shedding sheep.

Full shedding, easy care, good feet, easy lambing and good mothering is what it takes to make the breeding cut!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds