Moving to Wellington - Lifestyle block areas - Recommendations?

More
4 years 8 months ago #536184 by Ejo
Hi everyone,

Me and my family will relocate to Wellington at the beginning of next year and would ideally like to buy a lifestyle block. We got 3 kids under 5, so schools and family friendliness is high on the priority list. As I'll be working in Johnsonsville, the area between Porirua and Lower Hutt seems like a natural place to be looking. Within 30 mins of Wellington would be great as well.
I would really appreciate some information on recommended areas and what to look out for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #536187 by tonybaker
here check first for water supply and any easements.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

• stentor
4 years 8 months ago #536194 by stentor
Pauahatanui would be the go (windy up on the tops)
The other thing to consider that might not be immediately obvious is what impact Transmission Gully is going to have on your choice
It opens in roughly two years and will mean a quicker commute to town and a faster entry point from that area so if you went, say, further up Paekakariki Hill Rd and put up with the longer commute for the first couple of years then it would be quicker after that, and probably go up in value too

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds