A bit embarrassing really.........

More
4 years 8 months ago #535648 by Rod Brown
I have put some money in a few of my grandkids accounts just to help them out a bit (none of them know about the other and I want to keep it that way unless they chose to mention it to one another). They have all thanked me which is fine but one hasn't and I just want to know she has received it and it hasn't gone somewhere else. I don't really want to contact her and say "look what I have done etc") What is the best way to handle this?

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #535649 by Rod Brown
Meant to add it has only just been over a week!!!

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

More
4 years 8 months ago #535650 by LongRidge
Most children find it embarrassing to say thanks, and don't know how to do it politely :-(
Anything less than about $1000 is looked at as petty cash :-(.
Talk to it's mother, and ask her to remind it that no communication usually means no more gifts.

More
4 years 8 months ago #535654 by iSor
I would make a trip to your bank to check that your money went into the correct bank account (of your granddaughter) . I'm sure the bank would confirm the correct bank account details for you and/or where the money went if you tell them why you are concerned, after all,it was your money and surely you have every right to track it like one would a courier parcel.

More
4 years 8 months ago #535655 by tonybaker
Most likely the kids account was empty so she doesn't bother to check it! Don't you have online banking?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
4 years 8 months ago #535661 by Rod Brown
Probably the opposite actually Tony, she has the most money of all of them and married (so may be it just got lost amongst the rest). I check my accounts regularly (incase there is illegal withdrawals etc) and I possibly expected her to do the same. I do have online banking which confirms it went into their bank account. Maybe they don't use that account much so haven't checked on it.

More
4 years 8 months ago #535680 by Runamuck
It's clearly bothering you, so just ask her. I'd just be upfront and say you feel embarrassed for asking, but you want make sure it went into the right account and that she got it ok.

:)

More
4 years 8 months ago #535787 by Deanna
Is it the first time you have given to her? Do you have her account listed as a payee? I wouldn't notice much if a deposit went in, more if a withdrawal went out lol.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds