Dumbing down the country.

More
5 years 7 months ago #527810 by Stikkibeek
Heard a good one today. Army goes into Kaikoura specifically to set up a water sterilization system, you've probably seen or heard that on the news, Well they did a great job. Got things going, got the water sterilizing system underway, took 12 hours to get a tanker load of water ready and then along came Jones........ Yeh! Geeze Wayne, dumb Jones. filled up the tanker and the army guys checked to see how full the tanker was and it was then they discovered the idiot truckee had not washed out the tanker and the whole load of water was contaminated! Durrr!
Whole load of water desperately needed had to be dumped. What is this country coming too?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #527816 by spark
Replied by spark on topic Dumbing down the country.
Maybe somewhere along the lines of communication, the message that the water tanker was for drinking water got lost?

Anyway, the Australians can do this:

We also operate the C-130, do we have the same capability? or this another thing that our cousins over the ditch are better at than we are?

More
5 years 7 months ago #527822 by Mudlerk
Replied by Mudlerk on topic Dumbing down the country.
I remember a military 'Vertical Envelopment" exercise in the Caribbean where we lost eight vehicles...two of them when their paratrooper drivers hopped in, turned on the ignition, and ignited from burst gas tanks. I think that to be sure it's "another thing they're better at" you need to know if ALL the bulldozers survived the airdrop!

More
5 years 7 months ago #527824 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Dumbing down the country.

spark wrote:
We also operate the C-130, do we have the same capability? or this another thing that our cousins over the ditch are better at than we are?

I've just come home after 10 years in Australia. Their capacity for "doing things better" is overestimated.

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
5 years 7 months ago #527825 by Stikkibeek
I wasn't implying the Army was at fault here. it was the dopey tanker driver who didn't clean out his tanker.

More
5 years 7 months ago #527912 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Dumbing down the country.
Ironically there are plenty of dairy farms with large drinkable water reserves up that way. I personally know of quarter of a million litres on 3 farms that were refused when they were offered.

More
5 years 7 months ago #527913 by Stikkibeek
Yep! The country is dumbing down, and far too PC. Time to get rid of all that crap!

Even if the water needed boiling, it would still have been welcome for many people and lots had power back on quite quickly

More
5 years 7 months ago #527917 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Dumbing down the country.
Nothing wrong with the water, I've seen the test results and installed all those tanks. Water was pre quake and drinkable.

More
5 years 7 months ago #527919 by Mudlerk
Replied by Mudlerk on topic Dumbing down the country.
Stikkibeek, what you thought I said was not what I meant. I was trying to say we are often too quick to condemn, without knowing enough to justify our criticism.
Quick test: 1. Do you know the name of the 'dopey tanker driver'? 2. Did you speak to them and get their account of how it happened? C'mon...play fair!

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds