Microsoft Outlook Help

More
5 years 7 months ago #527143 by MurrayR
Every now and then I receive an email that is so "right justified" that a word or two is missing.
Any idea how to move the script to the left please.
Also how do I shrink the width of the "Mailbox" column. Seems to be too wide at 120mm.
Every morning I wake in dread at what Windows 10 has in store for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #527147 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic Microsoft Outlook Help
Hi Murray. Try these actions . . .

1. There doesn't seem to be an option to permanently set incoming mail to left justified, but this might help for the odd occasion when you need it: . . . If you double left click on the message in the INBOX column it should open in its own window where it will be complete, or with sliders so you can shift the window contents up and down or left and right.

2 To alter the width of the Mail column, hover your cursor over the column margin and it should change to a double arrow thingy with two little vertical lines. Now hold down the left mouse button and drag the column narrower or wider to suit.

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
5 years 7 months ago #527151 by MurrayR
Replied by MurrayR on topic Microsoft Outlook Help
Thanks Rokker.
#1 worked.
#2 only worked to make the column bigger.
However as #1 worked, #2 is no longer relevant.
I wonder if any research has been done on the incidence of suicide amongst Windows 10 users?
Murray

More
5 years 7 months ago #527154 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic Microsoft Outlook Help

MurrayR wrote: I wonder if any research has been done on the incidence of suicide amongst Windows 10 users?

I suspect any researchers would be afraid of their findings!! I'm intending to go back to Win 7 myself as soon as I can find half a day to do the downgrade. :angry:

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
5 years 7 months ago #527163 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Microsoft Outlook Help
you can also reduce the size of the text (ctrl+ or-)
Webmail is a better option for basic email users. The provider is taking care of viruses etc so you have an extra security level.
Why don't you Windows haters try Linux ? It's very easy to use for basic email and web browsing. You still can use common browsers like Firefox, Chrome etc.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
5 years 7 months ago #527179 by MurrayR
Replied by MurrayR on topic Microsoft Outlook Help
Ctrl + or - doesn't work, but at the bottom of the screen is a slider to do just that. However by the time all the words are on the page I need to find a magnifying glass.
I do take your point with all your other suggestions but at 71 I am no longer prepared to bungy into dark depths ever again.
I started out with DOS on a 286, then Windows 3.1 on a 386 and so on. Life should get easier as existing inventions are refined, not more difficult. The only positive result from W10 and Outlook is I am propping up economies and gaining new friends in India and the Philippines.
I might also add that I drove my first car in 1960 and 56 years later the basics of my 2014 Kuga are little different to my first Morris 8. As I have replaced about 20 cars over the decades a quick glance at the floor and steering column is enough for me to hit the highway with confidence.
Why or why didn't Henry ford invent the computer!
I could add another paragraph about telephones.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds