Cluster Headaches

More
5 years 10 months ago #523767 by tonic
Cluster Headaches was created by tonic
Hi all, is there anyone here who has been diagnosed as having cluster headaches? I am wondering how you went about getting a diagnosis and access to treatments. I am thinking a neurologist may be the way to go as the GP's do not seem very familiar with it. My 10 yr old son fits the diagnosis fairly closelyl and though he is coping quite well at the moment I am concerned that if they increase in length or frequency he will be suffering significantly and I want to be prepared in advance.

For those who don't know, cluster headaches are distinct from migraines and other types of headaches and an accurate diagnosis is important to achieve any decent level of relief. They are also quite rare so many doctors haven't any experience with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #523770 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Cluster Headaches
I know of a lad who has something similar. His was connected with an auditory processing problem.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
5 years 10 months ago #523772 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic Cluster Headaches
That sounds interesting, do you know any more about it? I am fairly confident that my boy is having cluster headaches (which are not caused by auditory issues) but am always happy to investigate other possible causes. I've learned the hard way not just to go and ask the professionals what is wrong, I need to be armed with knowledge if I want to get any progress with out of the ordinary issues.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds