MICRO PIGS I NEED ONE PLEASE

More
7 years 9 months ago #521698 by Kaha Smith
Hi my name is Flynn
and i'm looking for a micro pig i've looked for ages like over a month all i've found is KuneKune pigs and all the owners said that would most likely grow to be really big
and wouldn't suitable were i live please anyone who nows anything about small KuneKune pigs teacup pigs micro pigs and mini pigs please help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #521702 by muri
Replied by muri on topic MICRO PIGS I NEED ONE PLEASE
I dont think they even exists, they are just baby pigs that grow up to be big pigs. A lot of people have been well and truly bitten with micro animals, including pigs

More
7 years 9 months ago #521712 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic MICRO PIGS I NEED ONE PLEASE
You're right, Muri. There are some breeds that are a little smaller than others, but even the smallest breeds can grow to 70 Kg or so as far as I'm aware.

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
7 years 9 months ago #521719 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic MICRO PIGS I NEED ONE PLEASE
I think there is one. Its called a Guinea pig :whistle:

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener
The following user(s) said Thank You: katieb

More
7 years 9 months ago #521721 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic MICRO PIGS I NEED ONE PLEASE
Hello Flynn,
Where do you live that you NEED a small pig? This concerns me as too many people think that pigs can live in a flat, apartment or suburban house section. They can't. I hope this is not what you are considering.

The Kune is the smallest pig you will find in NZ and as you have already been told, they can grow to an impressive size.
A little smaller than them is the Vietnamese Potbelly which cannot be obtained here to the best of my knowledge. They vary between 45-136kgs with no guarantee as to how big they will actually grow - just like the Kune.
The micro, pocket or tea cup pig is not a breed as such but also cannot be obtained in NZ. Typically they will grow to between 34-68kgs.

I somehow think you are stuck with a Guinea pig or a cat.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds